Author Topic: Gynecomastia and Marijuana  (Read 4829 times)

Offline kotton

I've had gynecomastia since I was 18 years old. I had it first in my right side, and now in my left. The right side went away in about 6 months, but the left side has not and I am now 21 years old. I have seen 2 surgeons about this and both refused to operate saying that they will go away on their own. Since i was 18 I smoked marijuana every day up until about the end of feb this year. Since then I have only smoked a handful of times. My question is how long will it take for the disorder to subside now that I have stopped smoking marijuana. The dr just tells me to keep giving it time. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have seen 2 surgeons about this and both refused to operate.

I don't understand.... what business is it of the surgeon if you want a Gyne reduction/removal. Especially since you are 18. You are definitely post-puberty by 18 years of age.

Go to Doc Fielding.... He'll fix you! ;)

John out...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline kotton

Well I should note that they were not plastic surgeons but general surgeons that my general practicioner referred me to.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yep, ya gotta get in touch with a PS Dude.

Keep shopping around. You'll find a Doc who will fix you. ;)

John.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:47:50 AM by Bambu »

Offline rcbrown23

My question is how long will it take for the disorder to subside now that I have stopped smoking marijuana. The dr just tells me to keep giving it time.Thanks.

Every Gereneral Practician I've ever heard of always says "give it time, it'll go away on it's own". What the fukk ever. If mary j had any effect on your gyne, it's minor, and that's an "if" in the first place. You probably had a hormone imbalance due to puberty and that caused your gyne. Maybe you were on the verge, and the pot just pushed you over the edge (maybe). If your 21 and it's still there, quitting pot isn't going to fix the problem. I don't know why doctors are not educated on this subject more. It's rediculous. Whatever you do, do not get the op done by anyone other than a well qualified Plastic Surgeon.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
 I've had gynecomastia since I was 18 years old. I had it first in my right side, and now in my left. The right side went away in about 6 months, but the left side has not and I am now 21 years old. I have seen 2 surgeons about this and both refused to operate saying that they will go away on their own. Since i was 18 I smoked marijuana every day up until about the end of feb this year. Since then I have only smoked a handful of times. My question is how long will it take for the disorder to subside now that I have stopped smoking marijuana. The dr just tells me to keep giving it time. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks.

Normally i'd tell you to be patient and eat another bag of Doritos but this is rediculous.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
1.  The active chemical in Marijuana is an oil, The body stores it in fat cells and it has an effect upon those fat cells.  

2.  In the fat cells, testosterone is converted into estrogen.  No I do not understand the chemistry,

3.  You would not like to have a surgeon working on you who has reason to believe that your gynecomastia will come back?

4.  Marijuana users have a severe and well known case of the munchies which leads to even more fat and possibly an even higher conversion of testosterone to estrogen.

5.  Because it is stored in the fat, marijuana stays in the body for a long time.

If you do your homework, you will find both Marijuana and Obesity listed as causitive elements in the development of gynecomastia.

If you keep Doctor Shopping, you will eventually find a Doctor willing to operate in spite of the risk of regrowth.  Is that what you truly want?
Grandpa Dan

Offline kotton

Since I no longer smoke marijuana i think my chances of it coming back after surgery are low. I am now definitely ready for surgery, living in southern california finding a plastic surgeon should be relatively easy. If anyone has info or suggestions on a good one down there I would be forever in your debt. Thanks for the replies.

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
I've had Gyne since I was 11. I've heard of a relationship between marijuana and growing breasts but that was really something people said in the past which was basically a joke and as far as I know false. It’s the munchies. I was 18 when I started smoking too. It was with the first friend I ever made outside of high school and we were sitting in the car and he said, "You want to hit this?". I just broke off my pathetic online relationship with a girl and was feeling really depressed so I didn’t care and took it. Thank god for that anonymous wh*re, for not I would never have lowered myself so much and tried something that gives me much piece of mind along with a lot more friends. Since my first experience my life has been at its best. If I didn’t do it I probably would be all alone with no peers right now. I was never told it was the main attraction for my whole damn town and I only wished I started years ago which could have given me a more normal existence.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 08:28:37 PM by Badgene »

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
EDIT- wrong button sorry
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 08:28:08 PM by Badgene »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024