Author Topic: Surgery Information  (Read 4071 times)

Offline bobc

• Posting Member
hi guys, i had my surgery done on june 8th at appolo hospitals chennai. My stitches and bandages are removed two weeks before. Right now i am wearing the compression vest. I need to check few things ith you guys who had already undergone the surgery.

On an avg how long i need to wear the compression vest?
stitches After removing the compression vest i feel some areas over the chest region are becoming harder. is it normal?

its 15 days switches are removed, but if raise my hands up, still i feel pain and some times after remvoing the compression vest aslo i feel pain. I f i tocuh the chest area i am feeling pain? is this normal?how long hte pain will remain after surgery?

Can anyone help me to clarify the above questions. thanks

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi Bobc,

I am planning to have my gyne surgery at Apollo,Chennai(Dr.K.Ramachandran). If you have had ur surgery with the same doctor, can I contact you regarding your experience with the doc?

Offline bobc

• Posting Member
Hi aztec123,

I also had with Dr.K.Ramachandran. let me know wht details u want......

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi Bobc,

I would like to know how much are you satisfied after undergoing the surgery? I know that a 100% flat chest is not possible, but  has the doctor been successful in  providing a decent looking chest?
How much was the operation cost? How painful was the recovery post operation?
Any side effects or concerns till now?

Any thing specific which I need to get clarified with the doctor,before the surgery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline bobc

• Posting Member
Hi aztec123,
I am satisfied, as doctor said that complete results can be seen after 3months, so i am also looking forward for it. Operations cost is around 63k. Recovery is good, but some times you feel pain. its almost 3 weeks after operation, still now if i press my chest area i feel some pain. Side effects means as doctor said there will be no side effects, i still did not see any as of now. Wht i understand is side effects or final look of chest can be seen in long run.

May be what is suggest is you can contact other doctors speak with them and then decide who is the best, depending upon how they respond. Try ask them some pre-op and post-op pics, so that you will have a better idea.

This is email id of Dr.K.Ramachandran - rammaha@gmail.com. you can ask him what ever you want. Thanks. If you have any other things to know let me know. Thanks.

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi Bobc,
    I would like to know if any insurance company would cover for the gyn surgery?

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi Bobc,

How is your recovery getting along? I met Ram couple of times.He kept repeating that this surgery should be done if I am not comfortable with the chest.When I asked him how much improvement I can expect, He just said-"yes, there would be improvements, but its difficult to predict the extend of improvements, as its all in God's hands."
I am having a mixed feeling here...Is this normal?I mean the way doctor has explained the matter to me...
Has he told the same things to you as well?...just curious..

Offline ssg

• Posting Member
Hi aztec123,

Me too have the same question. Also I haven't seen any of doctor Ram's post op pics from any of this forum members. I am eager to see his post op pics so that I can decide whether to go with Dr Ram or not. I emailed him my pics and he replied "Yes, you will be benifited from the surgery". He never told me that I will get a flat contour  :(

Guys, I would really appreciate your help in this. Could you please post your pre & post op pics with Dr Ram?

Cheers!

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi ssg,
    Ask Ram to share the post op pics of his patients.What I think is that, one cannot compare ones's post op result to another. And as per Ram it would take 3-6 months for (not a perfect flat chest) a decently shaped chest  to form.
He kept saying that I can expect an improvement and how perfect it would be is in gods hand.. A bit confused here whether he is discouraging me to go for the surgery....

Offline gynek

• Posting Member
I had the surgery in the first wk of Oct...

Some pics are uploaded here - http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb415/gynek/

You may also visit - http://www.ramcosmetic.com/

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi Gynek,

Thanks for sharing the photos. Your post op pics shows good improvements. Please explain your overall experience with the doctor as well as the surgery. How much was the cost?
Did you had any difficulties after the surgery?   

Offline gynek

• Posting Member
hello aztec123,

Yes...it's just one week post surgery. But the results have been good so far. Swelling is still there and some hardness here and there...and I also feel that the right side is slightly better than the left...hope it gets better over a period of time...the doc said it's normal and would take time to heal completely...appears that following the instructions and wearing the compression garment after op strictly does the trick if you have loose skin (like in my case)...

And reg the doc, I had consulted Dr Ram and Dr Krishna Hande before surgery. The confidence level of Dr Ram that you get during the consultation is amazing...and I feel nobody else in Chennai does as many gynec surgeries as he does and he has been doing this for quite some time...and he looks like a true professional who has a very clear plan on what to do right from consultation to post op...he will make you very comfortable during the entire period if you are reasonable as he says...

Cost factor - I think around 65k is becoming the standard these days. And for the test/meds and garments will be another 5k...(all this expenses if you are from Chennai..otherwise add your other expenses like stay/food/travel to and fro etc...)

Difficulties - Yes...but thos are very minor when compared to having gynec. Now just after a week, I feel very comfortable. The discomfort is only for 1-2 days when your movements are restricted. The other big probem I am having is that I don't have the permission to sleep on the side or chest down...One more...the first week you will have a very tight bandage stuck on your chest and if you get some irritation or itching inside, that's a little difficult to manage...You will have to do something to divert your attention or just not think about it somehow...

Offline Moobssuckss

• Posting Member
Dude how did u hide your surgery ????

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024