Author Topic: Will I scar?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
My surgeon said, "yes, there will be a small line horizontal to your nipple", but the assistant surgeons said, "probably nobody will be able to see it."

I have light skin, and don't have a hairy chest.

What has your experience with scarring been?

The gland was extracted from ny nipple, not my armpits, with exisions made horizontal to the center of the nipples.

Offline Spleen

You can't avoid a scar altogether, but some are better/worse than others.  Did this doc make an incision around the edge of your areola?  Or did he make this horizontal incision below the nipple itself?  The incisions made around the areola (periareolar) tend to hide very well.  

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
there is a horizontal cut to the right of the right nipple, and to the left of the left nipple.

At least that's as best as I can see it so far.  Still bandaged up quite a bit.

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
Here are some pics.  Today I bought some medicine called Mederma.  After it heals a bit more, I'll start using that.  Hopefully that will help the scars...

DrBermant

My surgeon said, "yes, there will be a small line horizontal to your nipple", but the assistant surgeons said, "probably nobody will be able to see it."

I have light skin, and don't have a hairy chest.

What has your experience with scarring been?

The gland was extracted from ny nipple, not my armpits, with exisions made horizontal to the center of the nipples.

All cuts and wounds result in scars.  This is the nature of healing. It is a question of what do the scars look like and how do they move after healing.  Sometimes larger incisions cannot be avoided.  I prefer scars that are typically hidden at the edge of the areola instead of extending beyond.  The nature of any scar depends on the problem treated, surgical technique used, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, scar care, how you heal, and other factors.

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024