Author Topic: Insurance Coverage for Gyne?? My story  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Sweet_Tits

• Posting Member
Hey Guys...Aint posted in awhile, But i do alotta reading.    I never posted pictures of my gyne, b/c i lack a digital camera....but I def. Suffer from the bastard!!!  Had gyne ever since puberty.   Progressively got worse as years went on.  I'm 23 now..and Finally for the first time in years have Medical Coverage!!

The first thing i thought about when i got insurance wasn't The Dentist, wasn't The Eye Doctor...It was My Gyne problemo i have on my hands!!  I'm 6'2, 260lbs...my weights not my problem, I'm just a thick guy..its the fact i have bigger boobs then my gf haha :-X

Does anyone know how tough it is to get insurance to cover the Surgery??? I mean i suffer severly from Gyne.   I got a consultation with Dr Genter In Jenkintown PA, and he said its about 305cfm??  And may require 2 surgery's.  That was my only consultation i've had..i plan on getting more. (took 23 years to grow the balls to get that far)

Does Anyone know what the process is, to get my insurance to cover this????   Never had the funds to do it..but its been a lifelong goal to get this done.   I would def like to look into getting my insurance to cover it.

Only other person in the family that suffers from this is my Grandfather, so i think thats partly where i got it from..started from puberty on.    

Also..if i were to be 100% honest, I have smoked alot of pot in my day.  More then the Average bear lets say :-/

I'm thinking Between the two...overtime it developed into a real problem...Any helps appreciated.

I'd also like to say this site is awesome. Nice to know they'res Guys out there going through the Same Sh*t i am.  I do alot of reading, and i cant stress enough how much this sites helped me to take the steps to look into my problem and fix it.    I cant imagine what the ocean and pool parties would be like..i haven't been able to do anything like since i was 9-10 years old..Sad huh??   I'm so bad i dont even have sex with my shirt off :-X :-X :-X

If Anyone could point me in the right direction...I'd would be GREATLY appreciated

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm so bad i dont even have sex with my shirt off :-X :-X :-X

Been-there-done-that....   :P

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Sweet_Tits

• Posting Member
T T T....Someone gotta have gone down the insurance Route.

Any helps apprecaited Boys!!

saddest part in all of this is im a popular guy, lots of friends, always did well with the girls...I feel this has held me back from so much!!!!  

I got the B*tch breast thing down to a science now, I buy tight fitting jeans, tucked in wife beaters, pulle down real low to hide my problem in a way....Its easy to say through a computer..but u guys know what its like to live this way!!!   A Real kick in the balls!!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 12:17:27 PM by Sweet_Tits »

Offline Sweet_Tits

• Posting Member
only reason i have hope of insurance covering it is b/c its an OBVIOUS problem(no if's an's or Buts about it)..But im sure people in my shoes been turned down before..unfortunate.    :-/

Thank you for the Reply though, Appreciate it ;)

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Although I have not insurance Iam going through the NHS and there are criteria that are similar to insurance companies in the UK. I have been told,
1 I have to be of an acceptable weight for my height, I used to weigh what you weighed and I'm 6ft2 and I was refused until my weight came down.

2you need an endocrinologists exam

3There has to be a significant amount of breast tissue there rather than fat. Thats where I have a problem as mine is mainly fat even though I have lost some weight.My stomach is still big though lol. If it is just fat they can say it is cosmetic and refuse to do it Then you have to go on the appeal merry go round >:(

4 you can't be taking any med which may make it grow back. so don't tell them about the Pot!

Hope that was of help.

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
I haven't had my consultation with an Endo yet and my doctor hasn't been able to get to the root of my problem. 6'4" 204lbs. My doctor did however tell me that he thinks insurance should cover it in part. He sounded pretty confident. I guess it depends on how aggressive your doctors and surgeons are. Doesn't hurt to try.

Hell I didn't know anything about gyne until I found this site by doing a google search for "man boobs" or something like that. I tried for years to bench press my way out of the problem. I know I have some nice pecs under all that flab. I probably made the problem worse by building up muscle.

And like you I smoked a good amount of pot back in the day. Not so much anymore but that hasn't made my gyne go away by quitting. I have plenty of friends that smoke pot like there's no tomorrow and don't have this problem. I'm still not sure about the weed theory. No one has proven it yet.

Offline Sweet_Tits

• Posting Member
I haven't had my consultation with an Endo yet and my doctor hasn't been able to get to the root of my problem. 6'4" 204lbs. My doctor did however tell me that he thinks insurance should cover it in part. He sounded pretty confident. I guess it depends on how aggressive your doctors and surgeons are. Doesn't hurt to try.

Hell I didn't know anything about gyne until I found this site by doing a google search for "man boobs" or something like that. I tried for years to bench press my way out of the problem. I know I have some nice pecs under all that flab. I probably made the problem worse by building up muscle.

And like you I smoked a good amount of pot back in the day. Not so much anymore but that hasn't made my gyne go away by quitting. I have plenty of friends that smoke pot like there's no tomorrow and don't have this problem. I'm still not sure about the weed theory. No one has proven it yet.

I also went the Bench Pressing Route, and found myself in the same boat as you, Nice Pecs under my man boobs,   I have a small gut, but my man boobs stick out further then my belly does.  I'm just a Very Thick Guy, I have Very strong legs, real thick calves/thighs, I wouldn't Say im Fat, Just Built Very thickly (lol).  My weights not of My concern, these puppies had me live fugged up childhood in a way lol.   Weird being popular..into all kinds of sports, and trying to hide this. I noticed it got progressively worse as years went by

I have almost 3 weeks pot free and notice no difference(not that rome was built in a week or anything..just stating my case)

Thanks for the replies gentleman!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 11:58:16 AM by Sweet_Tits »

Offline tammyvivi

• Posting Member
  • I am my son's advocate.
Good luck on the insurance part.  I just went through all that with my son and came up against a very thick hard brick wall.  We appealed to the end with valid letters from doctors stating the need for surgery not just as a cosmetic solution but as a medical solution for a condition that would not go away after he is done with puberty completely.  

Check your policy first.  If it lists gyne surgery as an "EXCLUSION"  there will be little hope of getting it covered.  Unfortunetly a majority of insurance companies consider it cosmetic and will not cover it.

BUT, there is hope if you can scrape up a couple of thousand.  One of our area hospitals has a program for cutting costs on cosmetic procedures not covered by insurance.  We also went with a general surgeon (after a fair amount of research) vs a plastic surgeon due the large amount of actual breast tissue that needed to be removed.

Again good luck in your journey.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024