Author Topic: My experience currently 5 weeks post op.  (Read 9155 times)

Offline majorsituation

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

Am gonna share my gynecomastia surgery experience with you'll. If you'll have any queries or questions your free to ask I’ll be more than happy to help.

Am gonna explain my story in points so that the matter doesnt seem cumbersome to read.

•   Firstly, I'm form Bangalore, India. i'm 23 and weigh about 170 pounds. I'm a sportsman, therefore i workout 5 days a week & am ripped most of time through the year.

•   When i was 16 i figured that there was something unusual with my chest. It was huge and flabby. I thought it was just regular fat because at that time i was really overweight.

•   I started to seriously start working out at the age of 18 & within six months or so i was ripped and muscular  but my chest was just the same... flabby and ugly... and because i developed really good muscle it pushed my fat out and made it more visible.

•   I continued to workout hoping that one day it would go away but in vain. All my other body parts kept better and better but chest looked bad just cause of the fat.

•   I wore loose T's and was shy in public, especially while swimming.

•   At the age of 21 I got more curious about my problem, I read a lot of articles on the net & only then I learnt about gynecomastia.

•   I searched for a surgeon on net & came across many of them. Wasn’t sure who to consult, therefore I randomly chose Dr. Venkatesh based in Bangalore. Fixed up an appointment with him, did a little more research on his work & finally decided to go ahead.

The Surgery:

➢   Surgery cost: 50000 INR(around $1000)
➢   One day stay in the hospital.
➢   Had a lipo no excision because the doc could remove the gland through lipo itself under general anesthesia.
➢   In the doctor’s opinion a bit of gland was left behind so that the nipples don’t get inverted.
➢   There was pain post-op for bout an hour or so, the pain killers took care of it.
➢   No drains but had bandages which were removed after 5 days.
➢   Wore compression vest for 3 weeks 24/7. Then followed with tight underarmour during day and vest in the night.

Current Situation:
•   I am 5 weeks post op, very happy with the results.
•   There is no fat whatsoever.
•   Nipples are a bit puffy. Have a hard lump under left nipple.
•   There is some scar tissue which would eventually go away.
•   Everyday there is a visible change and feel.
•   The Doctor says best results would be seen in 6 months.
•   I started regular workouts after 4 weeks. Full body circuit except Chest. I want to give the chest muscle some more rest. I’ll probably include light weights for chest after 6 weeks.

About the Dr. Venkatesh:

•   Very experienced in the field of plastic surgery. Extremely friendly & would answer to your queries at any point of time. You would literally take home a relationship.
•   He has a very broad client profile. He has patients from Australia, America & many other countries.
•   He would give you realistic picture of what one can expect. NO false promises, nor unrealistic goals.
•   Follows a set protocol which can be very beneficial for a patient.
•   If anyone wants to go in for a gynecomastia operation in India I would recommend Dr. Venkatesh. This also goes for anyone staying outside India because from what I’ve read Gyne surgery costs $6000k + elsewhere against $1000k in India. Travel down for a surgery, it might cost just a little more. If you can pay less for something similar why pay more.

That my Experience. Please write back for any queries.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:53:08 PM by majorsituation »

Offline killua

• Posting Member
Do you have pre-op and post-op pics for us to compare? Kindly attach it here so we know what we can expect, too.

Offline terrance

• Posting Member
well done dude and congratulations.

all the best for your recovery.

Terrance.

Offline majorsituation

• Posting Member
I have posted some pre and post op pics... take a look!!!

Offline airo

• Posting Member
congratulations! now you can wear tight fitting shirts and go swimming whenever you like. i have just gone through lipo for my gynecomastia and i'm almost 3 weeks post op. i hope i get the the same results as you did.

Offline avijeet_03

Why would a patient who had his surgery mention things like "Cost of surgery for patients outside India" in his testimonial???
Just think about it.
Gynecomastia is a situation which makes people desparate, just like I was. So i would suggest you to not hurry into things like I did. Please meet as many surgeons as you can before making a decision about whom you wish to choose for the surgery.

Offline avijeet_03

Hi all,

I has gynecomastia surgery with Dr. Venkatesh on 23rd October. I made the decision in a hurry, and didn't research well on this site and elsewhere. I deeply regret my decision today. Now after 1.5 months, when I look into the mirror, I don't see any change in my chest from what it was before. Only liposuction was done, when my situation clearly required gland excision as well.

Because of the above, I will have to go for another surgery again in a few months time, from a reputed doctor like Dr. Cleatus or Dr. Anantheswar. I hope that all folks opting for surgery, research well on net and don't go for a surgery in a hurry.

Regards.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
@avijeet_03

hi, i feel for you... I had a lipo operation only before (here in the philippines)... no change happened and it was really gland excision that solved everything....
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline airo

• Posting Member
avijeet_03,

same here. i too was in a hurry to do the operation and did not do enough research nor consult with other doctors. i was told that liposuction is all that is needed. now, i am 2.5 months post op and still have the problem. the size was reduced only slightly and is still obvious.

i will again undergo another surgery this weekend with a knowledgeable doctor and gland excision will be done this time. liposuction only removes the fat and cannot remove glands. if gynecomastia is caused only by fat, then most of us who have worked out should have already lost the protruding breasts. that's something to think about for those who have not yet undergone any operation. find a good doctor and ask to see or talk to his previous patients.

Offline avijeet_03

Thanks for your reply folks.

What I didn't like here is that this thread seems to be posted by doctor himself. Even the points like fees in dollars and luring invitations for international patients have been mentioned, LOL, why would a patient mention these things in his testimonials.

Now, to the point, there are very few options in India. From what I have read for last few weeks, it seems that Dr. Anantheshwar is the most reputed in this area. Dr. Cleatus is also a reputed surgeon. Also, the surgery shall be futile if flab is not lost before surgery. So, I am planning to lose as much as 10-15 kgs, before going for the next surgery. BTW, I am 85 kgs now.

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member
Hi Guys,

Remember me? i guess not....almost 4 years have passed since my surgery... check out my Threads n posts....

I came here because i was received a personal message from one member...

Anyways, all i wanted to say after reading this thread is one sentence..

I have consulted this Doctor Venkatesh in bangalore along with many doctors before my surgery....I never got any good feeeling from him, neither his procedures.....He was a TOTAL BLACKLIST for me....And i have very good reasons for it...... Anyways, sorry I never mentioned it before..but hearing that he has spoiled some peoples surgeries made me  come here n warn people that....I MET Dr. Venkatesh , but did not choose him for my surgery. Hope that explains it all

Offline desperado39

Hi Guys,

Remember me? i guess not....almost 4 years have passed since my surgery... check out my Threads n posts....

I came here because i was received a personal message from one member...

Anyways, all i wanted to say after reading this thread is one sentence..

I have consulted this Doctor Venkatesh in bangalore along with many doctors before my surgery....I never got any good feeeling from him, neither his procedures.....He was a TOTAL BLACKLIST for me....And i have very good reasons for it...... Anyways, sorry I never mentioned it before..but hearing that he has spoiled some peoples surgeries made me  come here n warn people that....I MET Dr. Venkatesh , but did not choose him for my surgery. Hope that explains it all

HI BGM, you're like the guru of this forum. welcome back !! by reading your post i'm inspired to undergo surgery by dr.anantheswar. so how's been you flat chested dude for last 4 years. enjoying the new life?

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member
Life is Awesome...Actually im trying hard to recollect my boobs.

And somehow I cannot remember them. I read somewhere in psychology that the human brain tries hard to Lock up and forget PAinful memories .I self mechanism to avoid mental pain..Im not able to visualise my boobs too.

Hey my chest is lovely. As good as a Greek God ( now with so many years of Gymming)  And I Go topless on Dubai's Marina beach. hey i forgot Im no more in India...My career has catapulted ( partly by my Confidence after surgery).

I'm so lost , dont know what to say hehe..Take care guys and all the best for those seeking redemption of their lives by going for surgery. All the Best Dear friends :-)

Offline maddy

• Posting Member
NEVER EVER GO TO DR VENKATESH cosmeticsurgerybangaloreindia.com/Gynecomastia
he is a big thug in Dr cloths... he fooled me and just did liposuction and after 3 days of surgery when he removed the cover i found that he did not cut my aerola i asked him did u removed my glands he said yes through small incision which he did for liposuction   
he is biggest liar

Offline Frustrated Patient

• Posting Member
I also did a big mistake of approaching Dr M S Venkatesh for a surgery. 
Please find my feedback below and request you all to dont repeat the same
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=31322.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024