Author Topic: ??? For Dr. B  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Puffynip

• Posting Member
Dr. B

Not blowing any smoke here, but you appear to be the big dog…

It seems as if the methods you have developed are very effective and your clients are happy.

Do you teach your method to other surgeons?

Would I likely offend a local PS if I were to refer him to your site for what I want done?

Gyno seems to be a huge problem and you seem to have the process “perfected” to take care of it so why not have some Dr.B “Certified” PS across the US?  Teach them your methods (for a price… As you deserve compensation) and give us Midwest guys a Doc to go to that we can be sure will do us right!

Offline Puffynip

• Posting Member
I'm sure Dr. Bermant is an excellent surgeon, but you seem a bit overly impressed.

He simply stands out at this particular site because of his large volumes of posts. While some of them are somewhat helpful, most of them are just shameless self-promotion. I have nothing against him though, as he has certainly helped many of the gyne sufferers here.

Many other competent surgeons have developed excellent techniques, and many handle more gyne cases per year than even Dr. Bermant. For example, my PS, Dr. Lista, handles about 150 gyne surgeries per year, and has developed a special technique where he can extract glandular tissue through the lipo incision... negating the need for the "peri-areolar" incision which can lead to visible scarring.

Another competent surgeon around these parts is Dr. Fielding, and has received excellent reviews from members of this site.

Both of these PS's I mention are well aware of this board, but stay away from it, unlike Dr. Bermant.

Dr. Fielding thinks that this site is "our domain", and he has no place being here. I can understand and respect his reasoning.

Dr. Lista is simply too busy to be browsing through these forums, but does support this site through a paid listing. He has also presented his technique for gyne surgery at PS conferences and meetings.

Anyway my point is, I think the guy is a great surgeon, but you are giving him way too much credit.

Ok…. Maybe this goes out to ANY PS…

My point is, it seems there is a handful of PS who really do this well and I feel that knowledge should be shared..
Maybe it is and we just do not know about it.

I live in the greater Kansas City Metro area and am finding it somewhat difficult to find a PS who does this kind of procedure often. I know there are skilled PS in the area, just not a lot who deal with gyno!

DrBermant

Dr. B

Not blowing any smoke here, but you appear to be the big dog…

It seems as if the methods you have developed are very effective and your clients are happy.

Do you teach your method to other surgeons?

Would I likely offend a local PS if I were to refer him to your site for what I want done?

Gyno seems to be a huge problem and you seem to have the process “perfected” to take care of it so why not have some Dr.B “Certified” PS across the US?  Teach them your methods (for a price… As you deserve compensation) and give us Midwest guys a Doc to go to that we can be sure will do us right!

Each surgeon has their own skills and techniques.  Surgery is an artform, not just using a specific method.  My Dynamic Technique is an evoluation of an approach to the many forms of gynecomastia deformity I have seen over the years.

Yes there are a number of meetings held all over the world for doctors to exchange ideas, learn new techniques, and review details.  Some of the better medical societies actually have requirements for continuing education to remain active members.  

I attend a number of meetings each year both to learn and exchange ideas.  I have lectured, given courses, and had informal exchanges with my peers about details of plastic surgery.  I can ask someone in person about something in the literature or my own findings.  I also get approached about what I am doing, why, how, and other details.  This is how medicine advances, checks itself, and evolves.  

Specialties even cross educate each other.  I have recently been invited to present my Gynecomastia Male Chest Scupture for one of the major Endocrinology Society Meetings.

The internet is another way for doctors to exchange details of what they offer.  My Gynecomastis Male Chest Contouring section of my website has more details about gynecomastia and surgery of the male chest than any article or book I have ever seen published.  This information is free for anyone browsing my site.  Many doctors will comment to me about what they saw / learned from this resource.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 04:05:08 PM by DrBermant »

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Yes graham. That is why we pick a qualified AND experienced surgeon.  ::)

Offline Spleen

While there appears to be a high rate of success with surgical treatment, there are no guarantees.  Do your homework, manage your expectations, that's my advice.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024