Author Topic: 2 months post op from 2nd surgery. Still have gyne.  (Read 17120 times)

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
Doc said i was one of the rare cases who didn't need gland removal. I was surprised and argued for a bit. Anyhow, he explained everything well and i got the operation.

He said i might experience more pain during the surgery and that some others prefer to be put to sleep, just as a warning. I did it under local anesthetic + a pill i took an hour before. The pain level was mostly 0-2 out of 10 with some peaks lasting only seconds of about 5/10.

3 hours after, i still feel no pain. I'm excited for the anesthesia to wear off. want the worst part to be over.

the operation was fast, about 30 minutes all in all. Doc estimated 1-1:30. Turns out i had a minor case, type A. All fat. Doc reassured that if i was not satisfied, he'd do me again for free (just lab fees). I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

One + is it seems easier to tell people you had 'lipo' than 'gyne removal'.

It was really fast, easy. There was a 2+ hour gap between the time i first saw the doc and the actual operation while i had my blood tests, so i had a lot of time to get nervous.

Bought an ab binder but didn't put it on yet. Still using the beige bandages. Will see what they look like up-close when i change it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:06:08 PM by rootOfAllpain »

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
i will change the bandage if/when it becomes itchy/bothersome. as of now its ok. im just concerned about the bandages that cover the incision (near the armpits). It's slightly noticeable. The remaining chestfat also is squeezed out from the top of the bandage which is also slightly noticeable. About 4 hours since anesthesia was injected, still feel no pain.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
I havnt seen any pre op  pics from you kaya no comment muna ako. You may get too excited but wait for at least a month para may hint ka ng final outcome... congrats hehe...
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
thanks sad. will send the pics doc took when i receive them :)

as of now, not so excited... i want to be more excited but i am still groggy/low energy due to the anesthesia/arcoxia

almost 6 hours since surgery, startin to feel slight sensations in my chest. it feels similar to the sensation felt during the operation, sharp. pain level 0.5 out of 10.

Offline airo

• Posting Member
Root, congrats on finally getting the operation done. Just a few more weeks and you'll be starting a new and confidence-inspired life.  :)

Offline toinkz

• Bronze Member
ahh maybe di mo mxado nahahawakan ang glands mu or wala kang nahahawakan na matigas na glands pag pinipisil mo chest mo dati at puro taba lang sha kaya dika tinanggalan ng glands at lipo lang ginawa..hope it turns out good with your chest :)

Offline lorenz20021

• Bronze Member
congrats roof swerte mo ala gland oks yan pare sana post  you picture para makita namen yun saken post ko na lng lahat in future.....toink talga belgium ka ba?

Offline bustmate

• Posting Member
wow congrats bro! for taking that one BIG step which i'm sure will be life-changing... for the better YOU of course having improved sense of confidence.

hope you keep us updated so my yearning and motivation will also grow until i can finally do the same step. :)

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
thanks all.

It's about 33 hours since the operation.
The numbness is gone. My body feels stronger. I feel the bruises are starting to form. My chest feels tighter but there is no pain. The sensation is similar to the feeling after working out and building muscle. When i flex my chest, that is the feeling. Nothing really painful.

The first night and day after, i wasn't able to focus much, but now my enthusiasm and energy is returning. Though its only been 33 hours, my recovery is going a lot smoother than i expected. Doc prescribed me 3 types of painkillers. One to take once a day, another evey 4 hours if i feel pain, and another thats stronger in case of emergency. I have yet to take any single one of them. Smooth sailing all the way.

Good luck, Bustmate.
During the day i got the operation, half of me was hesitant. Even when I said i was going to push through, a part of me didn't want to. I'm one of those people with hospital-phobia so im the last person i'd expect to have surgery. I got really depressed when I found out that surgery was the only way to get rid of this gyne, then it sunk in more and more that surgery was the only way, and that it wasn't that big of a deal after all.

I'm happy to have gotten the surgery and looking forward to start getting back into shape again.

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
72 hours since surgery. I took out the bandages. No sign of bruising. No discoloration, i can only feel it when i exert effort and move my arms above my head. I can already move my arms enough to easily put on a shirt.

Took out the cotton and tape on the incisision spot. Wound has slight discoloration but the area is only about 2mm-3mm. Very minimal.

Not happy with the 2 binders I bought, too thick. Shows even with a shirt. I'm happier with the original bandages. Will continue to use the elastic bandage instead
http://www.redflarekits.com/mm5/graphics/00000002/images/4400.jpg
and buy more since the edges get loose because of the metal hook

I feel strong enough to go back to exercising. Will try stationary biking at first. I will just use the ab binder. I expect in 2 more days, I can be back to running. I wasn't expecting it to be this fast.

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
no pictures yet. Ano itsura ng chest ko ngayon.. Laki ng difference sa left. Yung left, masmalaki pero parang walang gland. Yung right naman, mild lang yung gyne.. pero parang may gland. Ngayon, parang may gland pa din yung sa right, kaso maliit lang, within the range of "normal".

Yung skin sa left, medyo expanded pa din, hindi pa "tight na tight". Sana mag tighten up siya. As of now, still mas malaki yung left kesa sa right, pero parang dahil nga sa skin. Skin lang.  ;D

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
almost 14 days post-up.
right now im frustrated and just venting out. i had to remove my compression just for a short commute to work, and during that time i thought my chest seemed to look no better than it did before. still looks ugly with a t-shirt. from what i read in the forums, 3 weeks is about the time u'd see what the final results would look like. i can no longer feel any pain in my case and i can even stretch my arms up fully. i think that my results are close to final and i am not satisfied. i think i was expecting too much. from the looks of it, i expect to do revision surgery in March-April

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
wait for at least 1 to 1.5 months... iba iba ang recovery rate ng mga tao...

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
It can take 6 months to a year before you will see final results, give your body time to heal.

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
thanks for the replies.. i hope its just swelling.. i just noticed it still feels numb.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024