Author Topic: Gyne Correction for Buffalonian  (Read 2591 times)

Offline GrapeDRINK

Hey guys, how is everyone doing? Well I am starting to plan for my corrective surgery and am planning on getting it sometime around the beginning of next year...right now I am just starting to save up money for this and am really looking forward to one day being free of this. Basically I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any plastic surgeons as well as endos in the Buffalo region...as I am having trouble locating anyone reputable. I would probably be willing to travel upto Toronto as well as it is only about 1 1/2 hours away. Money is not a huge concern to me, I am more concerned about getting it right the first time and being done with it. Also I doubt that I will have any luck getting insurance to help out with this but if anyone has had any experience with United Health Care PPO let me know b/c I recently just started getting coverage with them threw my new employer, and apparently they are one of the the better ones out there. Thanks for your time guys.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 01:19:40 PM by GrapeDRINK »

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Dr. Lista here in Toronto is a great PS... handles over 150 gyne cases per year... and is less than 2 hours from you.

His fee is $5000 CDN, which at today's exchange rate would be about $4000 USD... not bad for such an experienced PS...

Offline GrapeDRINK

Thankyou I will be sure to check him out.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
It's obvious that annonymous-man went with Dr. Lista.  It's going to be equally obvious that I'm going with Dr. Fielding.

I don't know how much Dr. Fielding will charge you because you don't have OHIP coverage but you should plan a day to come down and here and see both doctors if need be.

I went with Dr. Fielding because a.) I couldn't afford Lista's price and b.) Fielding comes highly recommended from quite a few guys here.  Dr. Fielding's gives you a consultation in his office in downtown Toronto and performs surgery at St. Joseph's hospital also located in downtown Toronto.  Actually, it's just a 10 minute car ride from his office.  You do need someone to drive you home after the surgery if you plan to leave on the same day.  I think if you stay overnight (will probably cost you) they'll release you the next day in your own care.  

Dr. Fielding is a very calm and professional man.  He'll look at your gyne, maybe measure it, definitely touch it and give you his opinion.  My surgery is this coming Wednesday and everything has been great so far.  I did have to meet with him again a few weeks ago to go over the operation, answer any questions that I may of had and fill out the paper work and pay for my operation.  Total cost was $1605 Cdn.  Probably $1200 US.  

Now to be fair, I never met with Dr. Lista but I've heard good things about him as well.  I think between the two doctors it's a matter of who makes you feel more comfortable and price.  

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
As he is from the states, Dr. Fielding will cost just as much as Dr. Lista... perhaps even more. Also, the wait to see Dr. Fielding (let alone get surgery) is a couple of months...

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Yeah I booked a consult with Fielding on Monday and they were booking them for August 22nd and on, mine is on the 29th.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
GrapeDrink did say he was planning on having surgery in the next year so time is not that important to him.  He can still have a consult with Fielding in that time.  

Offline GrapeDRINK

I will be checking both out, you are going to have to tell me how your surgery goes...I will probably base my decision on that because it really is a huge price break. I could afford the surgery in the next couple of months at that price.

Offline CK

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 11:58:50 AM by CK »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024