Author Topic: Question  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
Has anyone here felt anything during their surgery when the Dr. used the twilight sedation method (local anesthesia w\ heavy sedation)?  I want to make sure I will be out when he starts to cut into me.  Can you someone tell me about their experiences concerning pain during surgery?  I have a friend who had a surgery and he felt the knife cutting into him....he believes he passed out after that.  It was not for plastic surgery; however, I am concerned about this.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 08:29:19 AM by Marq25 »

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
this is a difficult question. I am a physician not a surgeon and I use sedation to do some procedures for my patints like endoscopies (camera test into the stomach or colon) and bone marrow aspiration and biopsy (needle going into the hip bone). What happens with these patients is that with good sedation ( with drugs like midazolam and pethidine) they would still make some noises occasionally BUT universally non of them remembers a thing about it.
I think you should ask your surgeon about this and if you are anxious and there is no contraindications for general anaesthesia you should seriously consider taking GA.
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
This makes me even more nervous!  I was told that I would feel nothing during the procedure if they used anesthesia w\ heavy sedation.  I am still going to have the procedure done; however, I want to make sure that I won't feel as if I am being tortured during surgery!  anymore feedback????
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 09:19:03 AM by Marq25 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024