Author Topic: Cold Doctor room.  (Read 2026 times)

Offline extreme

• Posting Member
Hello, I have gyne. of the nipples.  They don't get hard they are always soft EXCEPT when in a cold air condtioned, or just a cold room.  So when I go to the doctor to get these checked out, how do I not get hard nipples so he/she (the doctor) can see I do have gyne. instead of normal breast. Do you understand what I mean?  If I go to the doctors with hard nipples, my breast look normal as though I don't have gyne, but for the most part about 90% of the day my nipples are soft and puff.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:31:04 AM by extreme »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Explain this to your doctor. If they have real experience with gyne (which they should do before you even consider going to surgery with them - I cannot stress this enough), they will be aware of this going on anyway.

etc.

Offline Vail

• Posting Member
Id explain it to do the dr.

But if i were you id also consider myself lucky.  Before i had surgery you could grab the gland/fat with your hand, it was of substantual size and i was at 11% bf.

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
Last time I went for my physical I caught the nurse snickering at me.

Usual scenario: Had to get undressed down to only my underwear. This would be the first time I had my shirt off around other people since my last physical a year earlier. She comes in, looks right at my chest and smirks, giggles a bit, leaves the room and comes back with one of those paper gowns and told me I could put it on if I wanted.

After I did, 2 more came in for an unnecessary 6 seconds to take a peak I guess and grab a blank paper on the desk and they both kinda giggled then left. I was thinking maybe the gowns are really for the female patients to cover up their breasts during the larger chunk of the exam and she gave it to me cuz she could tell I was horribly embarrassed about my own boobs.

Although they are nothing more then just 2 lumps of fat for me, I still consider it a personal part of me that I don’t enjoy exposing.

Ok finally the good old doctor comes in for the full exam. Now all I had to deal with was the embarrassing part ::)  are you with me guys? Yeah as if all the crap before wasnt horrible enough.

Seriously I think I am just going to give up on going to doctors unless I am injured. I don’t need this bullsh*t, not right now. I'm 19 now so I think its my decision even though my parents still make my appointments I'll just have to fight them on it or just refuse to show up. At this point I don’t care if there’s something wrong that the doctors could find someday, I already have something wrong and its emotional trauma which I try to steer clear of whenever possible.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 01:00:05 PM by Badgene »

DrBermant

Hello, I have gyne. of the nipples.  They don't get hard they are always soft EXCEPT when in a cold air condtioned, or just a cold room.  So when I go to the doctor to get these checked out, how do I not get hard nipples so he/she (the doctor) can see I do have gyne. instead of normal breast. Do you understand what I mean?  If I go to the doctors with hard nipples, my breast look normal as though I don't have gyne, but for the most part about 90% of the day my nipples are soft and puff.

There are many factors that can cause the nipple areola to flatten.   There are thin muscles just under the skin that, when stimulated, tend to flatten the nipple areola.  To minimize the problem of a cold room, I try to keep the exam room warm and record the temperature for each of my male chest evaluations.  Standardized conditions help, but I also use a number of techniques to understand the nature of each patient's problems before making a recommendation about what surgery may have to offer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline throwback111

• Posting Member

just wear a sweater and refuse to take it off till the doc asks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024