Author Topic: My Story  (Read 4656 times)

Offline 2Big2Long

• Posting Member
First I would like to say, what a great website.  I have been reading your posts for a few days and finally decided to post my story.  It started in Junior High school when I first noticed I had Gyne.  I went through all the teasing.  I wore two pocket flannel shirts through High School.  I would skip showers at gym or waited till everyone else was done. I faked sickness.  I had to fight many times to stop the teasing.  I really hated myself and couldn't understand what I did to deserve this.  I am now 42 years old.  I still hide it.  I haven't wore a T-shirt in 30 years.  I haven't been swimming in 20 years except for the times I would pretend to fall in with my shirt on just to join in on the fun.  I always have told people I hate the water or don't swim well.  Actually I love the water and would swim every day if I could.  I have fought depression all my life.  Usually trying to supress it with food or alcohol.  I have been as High as 320 and as low as 160 over the years of dieting and depression.  My Dad said you need to lose that baby fat.  Bench pressing will flatten those pointy boobies.  I worked out many times over the years hoping this would fix it.  300-500 push-ups some days.  We all know that doesn't work.  I did however look better at 160.  But it wasn't good enough.  This pretty much consumed my life.  I still have a closet full of two pocket shirts that I choose from every day.  I could go on and on with stories but you have heard most of them already.  I would have to say the one thing I regret the most except for doing something about this long ago is the slouching.  I now have a back that hurts every day.  I look like I have osteoperosis.  My hands and arms fall asleep constantly.  Please do not let this happen to you.  Do something about it as soon as possible.  I have now lost 60 pounds and I am at 215.  I am 5' 10''.  I have a beautiful and caring wife of 13 years who could care less about them.  She doesn't understand how it has scarred me for life though.  I have decided to have the operation after I lose another 40 pounds and find a good doctor in my area.   Thanks for listening

Offline Tiverty_A

• Posting Member
  • Star Trek...world where stuff like gyne is no more
that school experence resembles what i have to go through, although a lot of it was because of my weight.  my mom is taking me in for something else in a month to see the doctor and i am going to ask her about it. my mother still refuses to make a seperate apointment for my questions about this. ::)

but even if i do not have it i still would relate some with people who do because i have been overweight and that makes it look like i have it(if i dont).  its a tough world, people are afraid of what they dont understand.  that is why i think places like this is around so we can share our horrible experences with people.

now i must ask do people with gyne seem to be more able to socilize with females than males, it shure seems like that too me(it might be the fact that my dad died when i was 17months old and i have been raised by a single mom all of my life).   Again i am glad to have found this board ;D
I have gyne that is caused by Fat not the gland, but it is still hard with my life.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
2Big2Long,

Brother, I feel your pain.  Please tell me you're going to do something about it.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
2Big2Long....

Welcome Broh!

Your story is a carbon copy of mine! I am 41, 42 in November. Have been married to my Wife Patricia for 13 years.

Last November when I found this Site, I quickly came to the realization that my moobs had to go. I discussed it with Patricia and she said that the moobs didn't bother her and that I was being compulsive. Compulsive my @ss! Waiting 31 years to have'em removed is by no means compulsive....  ::)   I told her how Gyne had caused me so much anxiety and pain for 31 years. She said that she didn't realize what I had gone through. But then how could she, I never told her about it.  ::)

Right now I am 200 pound at 6 feet. My weight has been up and down all my life. The heaviest was 240 lbs. The lowest ( as an adult of course ) was 148 lbs. The Gyne was smaller at 148 pounds, but it was far more noticeable  :-/. A very skinny guy with moobs, just looks odd. Gyne on a fat guy is far less conspicuous.

I first noticed my moobs in grade 5. That would put me at 10 years old. So.... from age 10 or so, I never wore just a t-shirt and always had to wear a button-down shirt with breast pockets to help hide the moobs. Swimming.... rarely went. On the odd occasion that I did go in the water, it was always with a shirt on :-/. Like you , many times I would tell people that I didn't know how to swim. While most people welome the spring and summer months, I dreaded the thought. Each and every spring I would ask myself, 'How am I gonna get through this one'. Sure was a horrible feeling. :-/

Fighting off depression with food and alcohol.... tell me about it Dude! Numbing myself with booze was a way to cope. However, I have cut down on the beer consumption in the past year or so and have the boozing under control :). I joined Weight Watchers and the local Gym and have lost 30 pounds in the last 8 months. This past February Dr. Fielding lobbed off my moobs. It's amazing how peoples attitudes change when you drop a few pounds and are Gyne free.

Congrats on making the decision to have surgery. You will not regret it! A whole new world opens up once the moobs are gone. The paranoia, pain, anxiety, depression, self hate etc... etc... are a thing of the past!  ;)

Anyways... if you wish to do so, check out my pics by clicking on the 'Pics' link in my Sig file below. I will be adding 3 new shots in a few days. I post new pics once a month. There are over 80 pics now...

Later...

John.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 07:22:43 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline 2Big2Long

• Posting Member
Hey, John.  Looks like we traveled down simuliar paths.  Nice pics.  Looks like you had a great doctor.  You must be very happy.  I hope to have a success story like yours some day.    My wife told me about the tv show on last week, "Men with breasts".  We watched it together and that really got me thinking.  Maybe it isn't too late for me.  I decided to finish losing my pounds, then go get this done.  

Offline Ax87

• Bronze Member
  • gyno sucks
man i cant really relate kuz im only 18 and i have had a mild case for 5 years, so i cant even imagine wut u've been going through for 30 years... hope u get it removed and all goes well...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

My wife told me about the tv show on last week, "Men with breasts".  We watched it together and that really got me thinking.

Yeah, I too saw MWB. It was on last November. MWB was what set the ball in motion. Saw the show, got on the Net, found this Site, 'FB' recommended Dr. Fielding ( thanks FB!!! ) and called for a consultation. Six weeks later, I was Gyne free!   :D :D :D

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I cant even imagine wut u've been going through for 30 years...

Gyne gets easier to live with as you get older. Adults for the most part are no where near as cruel as kids are. My teens years were the worst.

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Maybe it isn't too late for me.  I decided to finish losing my pounds, then go get this done.  

It's never 'too late'!

We are still young my man. We still have many years left to live 'Gyne free'!!!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 02:45:39 PM by Bambu »

Offline 2Big2Long

• Posting Member

, 'FB' recommended Dr. Fielding ( thanks FB!!! )

I was going to ask you where Dr. Fielding was but I see you are in Canada.  That is a little far for me as I live in Florida.  Yea Florida the Sunshine state.  Isn't that a hoot.  I live on the coast too.  Hardly ever go to the beach.  

Offline Spleen

Guys, no dis to 2Big, but don't let this be you.  Don't deny yourself ordinary stuff like wearing a tshirt or hitting the beach pool.  The first battle you need to win is with your head.  There are options for reducing/eliminating gyne, and options for living with it, but in the meantime it's really not worth being miserable about for decades.  Get busy living, Men.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As usual, Spleen has hit the nail on the head.

What is going on between your ears is much more important than a bit of surplus tissue on your chest.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Tallguy

• Posting Member
Great post!! You hit the nail on the head. I found this board by accident.  It's great!

Booze...food..depression. I am eating right and working out to lose the weight..."Inch by inch it's cinch"

Me: 50, 6' 2.5", 280 Lbs, getting down to goal weight of 228 Lbs.

You have to make up your mind to do what is necessary
to get to your goal.

Everyone deserves happiness!  I figure I have 40 years at most left on God's green acre...I am going to make them the 40 most happy years of my life!!

Tallguy

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Everyone deserves happiness!  I figure I have 40 years at most left on God's green acre...I am going to make them the 40 most happy years of my life!!

Right on brother!!!    ;)

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024