Author Topic: The emotional pain from this crippling condition  (Read 2712 times)

Offline cyanide

• Posting Member
HI fellow suffers, I have suffered from this socially crippling condition for around 17 yrs now, i do my best to keep social and sexually active and i currently do have a girlfriend. She doesnt know about gyno nor does she know i have it, but she has made some VERY hurtful jokes about my boobs along with friends. I laugh it off at the time but later their "harmless" jokes haunt me constantly as i go over and over and over the exact words they say, torturing myself, not a hour goes by where gyno doesnt enter my mind. What did I do to deserve this? WHYYYYYY?!?! I find myself asking this all the time. I am a water baby who absolutely loves the water but with gyno ppl always ask why aren't u coming in? and why do u wear a tshirt to the beach? I do swim by myself on deserted beaches. I live in a hot climate where activities such as pools, beaches and water parks are extremely common, Iv thought about disconnecting myself from ALL friends because of this and feel immense jealousy whenever i see a topless male of any build, almost to the point of hatred.
I feel embarrassed even when im home alone with my shirt off.  Im saving for surgery but it is very very expensive as I believe I need both the lipo and the reduction surgery. Iv tried the gym and i must admit i became quite buff, however being breast tissue it never got rid of my gyno. I tape my nipples down which is extremely painful being removed and does cause redness and irratation. Id like some help and hints on the compression shirts and some advice on surgeory Im planning on getting it done in thailand as its alot cheaper than at home in Australia.

Offline UnquestionedAnswers

• Posting Member
Hello there,

My advice to you after reading your post would be to begin the pursuit of surgery as this condition has clearly taken an emotional toll on you over the years. Research your surgeons thoroughly. Don't leave anything to chance. Also, sometimes the "best deal" isn't always the best result. Just keep that in mind and do your homework and you should be alright. In regards to compression vests, i'd recommend looking into the website designveronique.com. Under the section "Mens" you'll find the "1240 Compression Vest". This might be an option to explore while you're in limbo with the surgery.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If this is a girl worth keeping, Simply telling her that the comments are hurtful should cause them to stop.

Anyone who thinks your embarrassment is a good source for their amusement is not a friend.
Grandpa Dan

Offline cyanide

• Posting Member
Thankyou for your help I will check out the website for sure =)

And yes I know what you say about the teasing is true but it doesnt happen very often and its more they mention i have boobs rather than moking me but as you all know that hurts just as much. i constantly wonder if ppl notice but i believe its stupid to think they dont, Im paranoid about facing the wind, holding my arms back etc. life really hits u square in the face sometimes.

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
cyanide, completely understand what you are feeling mate, surgery is good, but be sure to do your homework, research about the doctor, try to get 2nd opinions as well, so you will not waste your time and money. Ive read in some post in Australia, they had rebates on their procedures, one said he only paid like less than a grand(I think) you can check that out, that guy is from Perth. You can check out other countries as well. Goodluck!

Offline ashamed

• Posting Member
I have researched about this condition around 2years ago. And just last year i decided to do it this year as part of my new years resolution. Since im working in singapore already and can compensate the cost of the procedure. I want to do more physically, but my chest prohibits me to do it. I want to learn water related activities, do hiking etc. It's expensive yes but the confidence you will get is for lifetime.

Offline cyanide

• Posting Member
wow loose shirt!! thats amazing I am from perth too so with any luck Ill get a rebate, im booking in some consultations with surgeons this week to get the ball rolling.
I understand you ashamed, really I do, I feel like my Gyno has stopped me doing so much in life, i started out as a teenager in martial arts, my sensai always said i was a talented and gifted fighter, and my ideal spot in this would be kickboxing.....alas, they fight topless....another dream crushed =(

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
I wanted to swim since I was a kid, but whenever you go to beaches you look stupid if you have your top on.. and when your shirt gets wet, then Gyno shows up.. after the surgery,I can go out and swim remove my shirt even if im not fully recovered yet.. but no idea if how soon you can do contact sports after the surgery.. just ask your surgeon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024