Author Topic: Is this any good compresion vest?  (Read 3744 times)

Offline mediator

• Posting Member
Im having a surgery in May and my doctor said to me to buy a compression vest like this, because in my country this is the only compression vest I can buy:

What do you think about this vest(first picture) to wear after surgery? Is it any good? Should I rather try to buy something like this from US or UK?

Thank you for help!

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
yup that should work. theres also not many options available here in manila.. the upper edges of that vest though might show a little bit through a tshirt if the tshirt has no design or is thin. if u put ur arms down also, some chest fat may stick out in the upper chest..

what i do is stick with these images-en.busytrade.com/192364200/Rubber-High-Elastic-Bandage-with-Velcro-.jpg
when im outdoors and stick to something like the one you posted when im at home.

in terms of compression, it does a good job.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:58:16 AM by rootOfAllpain »

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Pic #3 is probably best, or something similar like it.

DrBermant

Im having a surgery in May and my doctor said to me to buy a compression vest like this, because in my country this is the only compression vest I can buy:

What do you think about this vest(first picture) to wear after surgery? Is it any good? Should I rather try to buy something like this from US or UK?

Thank you for help!

Garment design, fitting, and education are a critical component of good gynecomastia surgery.

Actually compression garment choice is critical. We see patients from around the world and prefer not to leave such a critical issue up to chance. I studied the many garments on the market and there is no comparison, the ones we use have proven themselves superior to anything I have evaluated to date. I also prefer to fit each of my patients with two different garments, a Stage 1 and Stage 2 before the operation. This has been a passion as a component to achieve the bruising and comfort levels we consistently achieve and are documented on my website.

Binders are terrible, they ride up and down requiring taping or constant adjusting. In addition the pressure calibration is not predictable nor precise. Too much pressure and tissue blood supply can be put in jeopardy. Garments extending to the groin just are not well tolerated by men and we avoid using them unless working on that region.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024