Author Topic: Just got my undergarment, ok to take off during...  (Read 2643 times)

Offline JCKey618

• Posting Member
Workouts? My surgery was July 7th and I got my bandages taken off yesterday and now I have the undergarment. Today I went back to the gym and it was uncomfortable with the tight vest on so I took it off.

Is it OK to have it off for as much as 2 hours per day (I workout 4-5 days out of the week) or is it best to just keep it on at all times except when showeering?

I mean, if the 2 hours without the wrap every other day will affect the results even slightly, I'll keep it on and work through the discomfort.

Offline bornagain

• Posting Member
i take the vest off for 8 hours at a time (though i have underarmour)

Offline JCKey618

• Posting Member
Yeah, I don't know what underarmour is. Also, I think I shouldn't have said vest. I have the think that is basically a long bandage and you you unroll it and wrap it around the chest tight and it has velcrow at the end. Don't know what it's called....

Anyway, my nipples won't get an infection or anything rubbing against my shirt while I have them off working out, will they? I mean, if it only took a day for the drainage holes to close up, the skin around the surgical sight should be pretty secure after a week.

Offline bornagain

• Posting Member
you on antibiotics? also i was told not to work out for two-to-three weeks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 12:10:59 PM by bornagain »

Offline JCKey618

• Posting Member
Naw, no antibiotics. My doctor said I could be back in the gym in a week and a half.

And today I worked lower body anyway.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Yeah I'd give it a good 3-4 weeks before any upperbody workouts.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline JCKey618

• Posting Member
^^^Why, my doctor said it was OK....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024