Author Topic: surgery tomorrow in SG  (Read 3493 times)

Offline larry22

• Posting Member
I'm having my surgery tomorrow at 9am at Singapore General Hospital with Dr. KC Tan. thanks to adbrah for his very detailed post of his surgery, I'm not from Singapore so i really didn't know where to start looking for a surgeon, luckily i found his post. will update my progress.

Some details for tomorrows' surgery:
Need to fast from midnight till tomorrow
Surgery will be under general anaesthesia.
I'll be admitted for one night.
Ordered two custom made compression garments from the podiatry department and i also got a dv 640 just in case i needed another one.

Hope everything goes well, see you all on the other side! ;D

pumpkin

hope it turns out well for you

Offline larry22

• Posting Member
thanks pumpkin, and i see its your first post, welcome to the boards.  :)

Offline Egoiste

Hi there,

I'm from Singapore too.
How much does it cost all in all for the operation?
Can deduct from Medisave?

I'm gonna get an assessment on mine. Do u have any contact that i can call?
Is it gonna be that painful?

Offline larry22

• Posting Member
hi egoiste i refer you to adbrah's posting, he got a complete rundown of matters regarding medisave and pricing for local, I'm foreigner so i didn't get subsidized cost.  You can call SGH to schedule an apointment, doc's name is Dr. Kok Chai Tan, he's a senior consultant, waiting time when i had my first appointment was two weeks. All the best.

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22211.0

I'm on my way to the hospital, wish me luck!! ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:34:55 AM by larry22 »

Offline larry22

• Posting Member
hi guys, I'm at the hospital right now.
this is how my day was:

7am: arrived at SGH Same Day Admission Centre for paperwork
8:30am : changed to garment and deposited my stuff for safekeeping.
12NN wheeled in the theater. surgery time was supposed to be 9:30am but got delayed.
2:45pm : woke up at recovery room, I was shivering uncontrollably because of the cold room so they put a warm blower in my blanket to warm it up. I also asked for an oxygen mask as I had trouble breathing. Coming out of GA is an interesting experience.

It was my first time going under, i didn't even remember when i started to dozing off. As for the pain, most of it was when i just woke up, it's close to 0 now, haven't taken any painkillers since.  I'm having a dinner of chicken porridge at the moment, I'll be staying here till tomorrow night for observation.

All i can say is if you have the means to pay for the surgery, go for it!!!

I'll post pics soon!! ;D

Offline larry22

• Posting Member
just to update, I'll be discharged in a few moments, got my loot of antibiotics and painkillers. My vest arrived this morning, they removed my bandages and I saw my chest for the first time, was speechless, I can't believe the nightmare is over. This is probably one of the best moments of my life.  to be honest, going into this procedure , I really lowered my expectations so I won't be disappointed, but the results are great, can't wait to heal! i think white t shirt shopping is in order. ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:51:46 AM by larry22 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024