Author Topic: My experience with Dr. Miguel Delgado  (Read 2997 times)

Offline johnrossi

I had gynecomastia surgery earlier this year and simply can’t say enough good things about Dr. Delgado, his staff, and the overall results. No joke, this surgery has changed my life.

A little background first. I’m in my late thirties and in decent physical shape. I exercise in some form or another at least five times a week and eat fairly well, but in the past it was never enough. I was self conscious about my chest for my entire life; avoiding basketball games due to the dreaded shirts and skins pick, never going to the beach, wearing only thick button down shirts, etc. I could go on and on about all the negative experiences I’ve had and what it’s done to my self-confidence.

But, like I said, I’m in my late thirties.  I’m married, have children and a decent job. I had gone through enough of life dealing with this condition that I became accustomed to it and was resigned to be comfortable with my body as it was. That was of course until I started watching my children grow and began to realize my insecurities were going to affect them. I also found myself looking at my son every day, wondering if he would have it as well and grow up with the same issues. So I resigned myself to finally do something about it.

Poking around the web for a little bit, everything pointed me to Dr. Delgado. So I scheduled a consultation and from the initial visit to the last post-op appointment, Dr. Delgado and his team were professional, compassionate, and answered all my questions. I was a nervous wreck throughout the process, but he and his team constantly put me at ease and the results are excellent.

My only regret from this entire experience is that I didn’t do it years ago. And, I’m sure there are other qualified surgeons out there for this procedure, but Dr. Delgado and his team did an amazing job for me. 

Offline Sasha808

• Posting Member
Thanks for the writeup John. I'm a month post-op with Dr. Delgado and very happy with the results so far. One thing I've noticed though is some hard scar tissue buildup on the lower pec and below the armpit near the pec level. I know this is standard and am wondering how long it took for yours to subside? Did it mostly all go away? Did you do any messaging, and when did you start?

Offline johnrossi

I also had a little scar tissue, but it's mostly gone away now. I still notice it a little, but it's definitely subsided. I'd say it took a good 6 weeks to get back to a pretty normal state, then maybe another 6 weeks to really quit focusing on every little tingle or piece of scar tissue or tiny lump.  But, I quit wearing the vest after 4 1/2 weeks, started lifting at 5 1/2 weeks, and only lasted a week with the silicone sheeting. I took it easy with the exercise, but do think that my not following the guidelines definitely prolonged the healing process a few more weeks for me.

Didn't do any massaging or anything else... just kinda let it heal out.

I'm now about 3 1/2 months out and feel like I'm about 95% there... The scars are mostly faded to a point that even I can hardly notice them and all in all I feel great.

Good luck to you in your recovery!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024