Author Topic: My surgery experience with Dr. Benny Herbosa  (Read 7356 times)

Offline newlife28

• Posting Member
I am currently 19 years old and I had gynecomastia for so long that I can't recall when it started. Just like everyone else in this site, I did extensive research about gynecomastia and looked for ways on how I can get rid of it. What I did was to first try working out my chest muscles, hoping that my man boobs would disappear or at least shrink until it becomes unnoticeable. But unfortunately, it didn't work out.
My next option was to try coping up. I tried to accept my condition and continue on with my life. But it was really hard. I have to carefully choose my clothes and avoided light-colored shirts. I also could not take my shirt off in public in fear of the people's harsh comments. Summer vacations and most especially beach outings are the occasions that I avoid most.
So to finally get rid of this condition, I turned to surgery. I looked for the best doctors in the Philippines who perform gynecomastia surgery and tried to consult with some of them. Luckily, I found this site that caters people with information about gynecomastia and one of the posts (Sadgyneguy's experience) helped me gather my thoughts about how the surgery works. That was when I knew Dr. Benny Herbosa.
Few days after reading Sadgyneguy's surgery experience with Doc Benny, I immediately went to his clinic in Makati Med. Doc Benny is unlike the other doctors who keep on boasting their achievements. He is very honest and he would tell you directly what is your condition and how he will perform the surgery. He answers all your questions truthfully and tells you any complications in the procedure that you want (if there are any). So that was the time I decided that I will undergo my surgery with him.
Actually, I underwent my surgery with Doc Benny just this afternoon. Just like everyone else, I was very nervous before it started. I kept on telling myself that I have to experience some pain before I can become gyne-free. Here are some of my observations during the actual surgery:
1. The most painful part was the injection of local anesthesia but the pain is very tolerable
2. Your chest will completely feel numb after the anesthesia has been applied. You will feel little/no pain during the excision part.
3. Doc Benny is truly an experienced surgeon. He knows very well how to handle his patient during surgery.
4. Contrary to my expectations, I feel little pain on my chest after the surgery. Probably, it's just because the bandage was a little too tight for me.
After finishing the surgery, my challenge now is to smoothly recover from the wounds brought by the surgery. Hope all goes well!
Feel free to post any comments.

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
Congrats newlife... Just do what doc says and youll be fine... enjoy!

Offline newlife28

• Posting Member
Thanks looseSHIRT! Just waiting for my full recovery. Ganoon pala after ng surgery. Mas dominant yung feeling na sa wakas wala na akong gyne kesa sa sakit ng operation. hehehe

Offline kongking

• Bronze Member
Best of luck to you.  Hope you heal very well. Get plenty of rest.  Wear your chest compression garment religiously and for at least 4 weeks. 

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
Yes newlife.. thats the feeling.. youll feel better when youre finished with the compression vest. and you start wearing shirts that youve never wore because of your moobs.. Enjoy!

Offline newlife28

• Posting Member
Hi guys!

16 days post op na ako. Pinatanggal na sa akin ni doc yung ab binder ko last Thursday. According to him, mag-compression shirt na lang ako. Saan ba makakahanap ng ganoon at magkano? Sa ngayon kasi tight sando lang muna ginagamit ko.

By the way, yung 2 weeks ng post op pala talaga yung pinakamahirap. Sobrang nagstruggle ako nun dahil patapos pa lang yung semester namin nun. Mga 3 days after the surgery lang ako nakapahinga then pasok na agad. But luckily, hindi naman ako nagaka-hematoma.

Sa ngayon medyo namamaga pa ng kaunti yung upper part ng left chest ko. Yun yung part na naipit ng binder. Yung right naman medyo okay na. Buti na lang wala na masyadong sakit ngayon at nakakatulog na ako ng maayos.

Yung pics ipopost ko as soon as ma-email sa akin ni doc. Pero sa ngayon, lubog pa rin talaga yung part kung saan nag-excise. Nilalagyan ko rin ng terramycin yung nipple part para mabilis magheal yung outer skin.

Kamusta naman kayo?

Offline newlife28

• Posting Member
By the way, nagpa-post op check up ako kanina kay Doc sa Humana para makita niya yung condition ng sugat. Actually, tuyo na yung sugat kaya lang may swelling pa rin sa paligid. Kaya lang napansin ni Doc may mga black part doon sa balat ng nipple. Akala ko nung una natuyong dugo lang kaya lang napansin ko nagbabalat na rin yung nipple part.

Normal lang ba yung ganun? Mapapalitan naman yung balat sa part na yun diba?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Offline poorguy23

• Posting Member
hi newlife , i can relate to how much stressed it means to have this embarassing condition im planning to have my operation this november 2011 ; just want to have any advise regards with Doc Ben ; im so worried that i might be short in terms of payment ; just want to know how much you paid and negotiated for the surgery heres my contact number 09162626150 ; i did save money around 40k not sure if this is enough i hope u can give me some advise thanks

Offline newlife28

• Posting Member
Hi poorguy23!
I'll post my reply here so that we can share information to everyone.
Just a piece of advise before going for surgery: Do extensive research and gather all your questions before going to Doc Benny for consultation. I can assure you that he will honestly answer all your inquiries.
When scheduling your surgery, set a date when you can rest for about a week after the day of the surgery. This will prevent hematoma (accumulation of blood) to extend your recovery period. The surgery itself is not that painful as we have imagined. The hardest part is the recovery stage. You will be asked to wear an elastic bandage (to be provided by Doc Benny)right after the surgery and I advise you not to take it off unless Doc say so. To speed up the recovery, you will be asked to buy a compression garment (in my case, I only bought a tight sando).
In summary, I had to wear the elastic binder for 2 weeks because hematoma did not accumulate in my chest (case to case basis). Then he told me to wear a compression garment for the next 2 weeks so that I can recover fast from swelling.
Right now, i'm 3 weeks post op and most of the pain on my chest was gone. But to ensure full recovery before engaging in physical activities again, I have to wait for a week more as advised by Doc Benny.
For the budget, 40k is enough and i think its already inclusive of all fees including post op.
Good luck!  :)

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
Poor guy, just talk to doc benny, he'll answer all your questions.. money wise he's easy to talk to.. Goodluck Mate!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024