Author Topic: Bilateral GYNO surgery/ General Surgeon.. no vest given  (Read 8141 times)

Offline wrestletib

• Posting Member
I just had my surgery for bilateral gyno done by a general surgeon (insurance paid)

I mentioned to him about wearing a compression vest right before I was put completely under general anesthesia... and he told me (its not really needed... you have enough muscle that it will simply be drained if fluid builds up , etc etc..... well, after I woke up I was bandaged ....rested for a few hours and went to work for the night (3rd shift sleep tech) ... pain felt like I was very sore from a chest workout...but the vicodin that was wearing off was making me feel sick.

well, After work I went to sleep....6-7 hours later I woke up and thought...hmm, i really think my doctor has it wrong, YOU NEED A VEST. So I googled and called my uncle (physician) and he got me a compression wrap (for now) ....seems like a foot wide stretchy wrap thats wrapped around my torso.

my questions for you guys who wore the vest:

1.) how tight was it?
2.) did you even wear a vest?.. drain fluids later?
3.) how long did you wear a vest or have fluid taken out
4.) did i just ruin it all by not wearing a compression vest IMMEDIATELY after surgery? (it took nearly 20 hours before I wore the compression wrap)

Im hoping for the best... My gyno was not highly visable b/c the way the muscle/fat was proportioned...but I indeed had a rather large mass originally (more so unilateral) but no puffy nipple, it bothered me, but no one knew about it.... Ill cry if I unwrap the bandages and i have inverted/weird nipples ...

edit:

my body looks like ****, I haven't dieted/lifted in months...

after surgery I awoke to wearing these bandages ... which feel like they are kinda compressing the wounds.

and now I am wearing this after calling my uncle saying " dude, i need a vest! asap "

I don't know how tight I should wrap it

I am interested in buying a vest to wear, I was linked to this by a poster over at bodybuilding.com
its a stage 1 adjustable vest, costs $99

what about stage 2?

Offline wrestletib

• Posting Member
well, I took the bandages off to inspect the wounds (its been 48 hours) and I am quite satisfied with the results. I am aware that the first month, its going to look ugly.

The approach my surgeon took was making a 1" incision underneath the nipple..the left has a larger cut, about 1.5 (more gyno to pull out)

I sure hope with time and proper care I can minimize scarring with topical creams....

day 4 post OP
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:56:59 PM by wrestletib »

Offline dark_nite

• Posting Member
hey wrestle... yea i was wondering the same thing because my surgeon said not to worry about any compression... Well its been two weeks since my surgery now and my breasts are bigger than ever, filled with fluid. Im going to meet him tomorrow, and I hope he drains fluid, but I'm going to have to take this matter into my own hands and buy a compression garment. Right now Im wearing a medium underarmor tee to compensate.

edit: didn't realize this was from 2011...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:58:14 AM by dark_nite »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024