Author Topic: Dr. Caloca Surgery  (Read 4247 times)

Offline abs1

• Posting Member
Lurked this board for years, saw a few caloca related experience posts and the price and was interested. I must have read all the the caloca posts 10x over before I worked up the nerve to contact him. He was nice in email, and we exchanged about 5-6 emails, I sent him pics etc. I was quoted 4200, which to my surprise was more than some of the other dudes on here, but I figure his prices were bound to rise eventually, and it's still a lot cheaper than the reputable doc's I seen in LA. So I scheduled it a week ago, I am one day post op, sore as hell and hooked up to a drain. I didn't get the pain meds because I thought I was a tough guy...mistake. Anyways I live on the boarder of LA county and Orange county. The drive down there took me 2 hours, drove myself and got a little lost and was about 40 mins late to my 8 AM appointment, felt bad. Parked right in front his building, a security guard promptly walked up to me, he was super nice, and pointed me into the right direction. I walked up the stairs, and you see these giant sliding embossed glass doors with Elite medical something or another on it zoom open effortlessly, Nice. The lobby is fairly small, but impressive, decked out in super nice leather couches with marble floors, and very clean. The receptionist speaks English very well, and I was promptly introduced to the doc and paid my fee. Pictures were taken, nervous as darn, and I walked into the operating room, btw every room is immaculate, introduced to the anesthesiologist who was super cool and spoke English like someone from the states, he made me feel very comfortable. I walked into the main operating room, which was a large room, 2 nurses were in the back and the Caloca was off probably prepping as the Anesthesiologist asked me my medical history etc. The ceiling has a TV built into it so when you lay down it's directly in front of your vision, it played like dolphins and rain forest stuff, honestly didn't pay too much attention to it as I was nervous. They placed a mild sedative and the next thing I know I was up like 4 hrs later in a recovery room. They went and got me my meds as I didn't have anymore cash on me and let me pay in the office with my credit card which was perfect. They showed me what they removed and it was gross as hell, the doc said it went "perfect" were was very reassuring. Got out an 7 pm, and shouldn't have drove but did, the receptionist even let me follow her to the boarder which was amazing, seriously great people. I stopped in San Diego, and rested up for about an hour a friend met me up and drove me home. The drain is a pain in the ass and im very sore, but I'm not gonna lie, the experience went as good as it possibly could have, excellent. The other posts are not lying, Caloca is legit, haven't seen my chest yet as it's only the next day, but hopefully it comes out good.

Btw im a real person and not making this up to sell services. I thought this myself reading some of the other posts, but I am glad I was wrong. I live in Cerritos Ca, and goto CSULB, I am 26. I have pre op pics and will post then in conjunction with my post op pics in a few weeks time.

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Thank you for the post and for sharing the exepreince. very helpful sounds great very happy for you!

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Hi, One more question for anyone who was operated by Dr. Caloca:
- Was it Dr. Caloca Junior or Dr. Caloca Senior or both operated together?
- Would you have him do it even if you lived in Canada?
Thanks & Regards,
Neil

Offline abs1

• Posting Member
As far as I know it was Dr. Caloca senior only. I don't think it matters if your from Canada or not, I just can imagine traveling with the drain not to be a very pleasant experience at all.

Offline abs1

• Posting Member
as I recall someone from Canada also had his surgery w/ Dr. Caloca also, I think his name was Halifaxguy or something and it was fairly recent.

Offline abs1

• Posting Member
I am 6 days post-op. Got my drain off, thank god. Caloca said I gotta wear this pretty thick bandage for 3 weeks, followed by a compression device. I  sneaked a peak of my chest when I got the drain removed, looked good. Took my bandage off today and my chest is super flat, I can't believe how good it looks this early, my right side is alot more sore still, and slighty swollen im guessing. My glad was twice as big on my right than my left, anyways I let out a huge sigh of relief, I can't wait to wear regular clothes again...seems too good to be true.

Offline 805spec

• Posting Member
Congrats man!! That is so awesome to hear.

As far as who did my surgery I really don't know if it was both Sr. and Jr. but for sure it was Dr. Caloca Sr.  We did the consult that morning and then I met the anesthesiologist...then it was off to the surgery room.

I would have him do it regardless of where I'm at.  I came from Texas to get the surgery so that entailed a flight and drive time through So Cal.  I think a week or so after I had my surgery there was someone on here who went from Washington.  I think everyone seems to making the drive down there.

+ one on the drains making it uncomfortable...but then again the drains suck no matter what

Offline abs1

• Posting Member
Yeah I had one large drain for both sides, I had to goto school the damn thing on, haha. I went back down there a few days later to get my drain off. I got another appointment (follow up) this week coming up. Gotta admit I am not big on going down there in my car at all; did you have your GP take the drain off? What about your follow up care?

Offline 805spec

• Posting Member
I was in California for a couple of weeks after the surgery so Dr. Caloca was able to remove the drains.  I had my GP in Texas remove the stitches at the three week mark.  I wish Dr. Caloca did the stitch removal because it seemed my GP was unfamiliar with the removal even though all you had to do was pull straight.  He ended up peeling off some scab that wasn't ready to come off (only on the right side).  I think it made the scar greater. 

Offline abs1

• Posting Member
3 weeks post-op as I write this, went to see The Dr again today to have stitches removed, Still pretty sore and some swelling on my right side, but for the most part I can't even see any scarring, which is amazing, figured it would look bad as im white with super pale skin, but no. Still gotta wear this bandage as compression for another month. Pics soon to come.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024