Author Topic: Post-Surg. Q's - My 1st post  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Bruni

Hi everyone.  This is my first post here, and I had my surgery a week ago.  I have some questions and I pose them here, for those who have gone through the "healing" process.  Maybe I am just being impatient, but I am wondering what to still expect between a week, a month, and months to come.  

Well, my problem was mostly puffy nipples.  I definitely had large breasts, and developed when I was around 14.  Anyway, after a week of surgery, my breasts still are big.  I had pec muscles (in efforts to reduce the "fat"), so I am thinking maybe that is what's left -- my pec muscles and that is why I'm still somewhat big?  I am definitely not flat.  :-/

After a week of surgery, what happens next?  Are the breasts typically still big?  Do they flatten with every week?  I have read posts of others who said they were flat immediately -- even photos.  Is the "bigness" because the breasts haven't "taken shape" yet?  

I am currently wearing only an aist bandage wrap around my chest.  My doctor did not suggest a vest, and said to wear the aist bandage wrap for a week.  Is this meant to bring down swelling?  Is a vest important in shaping [nicely] the new breasts?  What is the benefit of compressing it?

Does swelling after surgery affect the entire breast, or only where the incision was made?   ???  I guess I am concerned that I paid, had the surgery, and my breasts are still big.  The puffyness is gone, thankfully... but they still seem large.  And I only weight 140 pounds!   :-[  It's even worse when you're a small guy.  

I would appreciate if some people could leave their experiences, between a week (my status) and a month.  I wish I could see the future...  :-/  Thanks.

Offline Bruni

Another question.. I just noticed something after lying down.  Putting my hand over each breast, one is much larger than the other.    :'(  Is that normal?  Does it mean perhaps there is just more swelling with one than the other?   The larger breast is not hard, it just feels more like lumpy fat.   ???  :-[   This is depressing. Someone please write what they think.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Calm down brother.  You're only one week post op.  The healing process isn't always linear for both breast.  I had my surgery a week ago and the left side is so swollen, I think I still have breast on that one side.  The right side looks amazing so I'm taking my cue from that side.  

Fortunately, I saw my doctor and he said that swelling is normal and not to worry.  He said in a week or two it will go down.   He told me it will take a year for me to see the final outcome.  I know I know, a year is too long and that's with the hope that everything heals perfectly and you can leave your gyne days behind you but patience is the key...especially in the first month.

If you are really bothered, post some pics so we can either tell you to setup a post op consult with your doctor immediately or calm down because you look fine.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024