Author Topic: CAN IT COME BACK?  (Read 2425 times)

Offline steve1616

• Posting Member
I went to a doctor and he said, If i get surger Theirs a chance that it can come back.  I havn't had surgery yet, I really want it though..I HATE IT.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
You don’t give any details of your age and how long you have had gyne, however if the underlying cause of the gyne persists then of course it could grow back.  However if you remember that the vast majority of gyne is as a result of pubescent hormonal changes and that these settle of their own accord, then the likelihood is that pubescent gynecomastia will not re-grow after surgery.  If however the gyne has appeared well after puberty, then an Endocrinologist is the person to see to check out your hormones.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline steve1616

• Posting Member
Well, I'm 16, almost 17, november 14th....I first got it at the end of 7th grade...Im going into 11 grade...

Offline Ax87

• Bronze Member
  • gyno sucks
im 18, and i think my hormones are normal? i've had this since i was 13, does anyone think there is a chance that my gyno could come back?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
To Steve1616 and Ax87.  From what you have just said it sounds like your gynecomastia has occurred as a result of puberty. This is very common and the vast majority of pubescent gyne disappears of its own accord with a year or so.  If however it doesn’t then you have some options.  One is surgery, but many plastic surgeons would prefer not to operate on anyone under the age of 20 because it might still disappear of it’s own accord.  Another option is to live with it ... it’s not an option I could take but many do.  A third option and one I would advocate, is to get your hormones checked just to make sure that everything has settled down (thinking they are normal doesn't count).  That way if you opt for surgery .. or even if you decide to sit it out and wait and see if it disappears by itself, at least you will know that it will not re-grow or continue growing.

Offline steve1616

• Posting Member
Yeah, your right on that one...I had a doctor take my blood to cheak....I didn't get any answers though...Everyone has been pretty helpful on here, and this is my first day!! ;)..I've waited 4 years!! maybe i can hold out a little longer!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, but not without a cause.  Which is why several of us advocate seeing an Endocrinologist to be sure there is not an underlying medical problem that will cause the Gynecomastia to regrow.

Even with that out of the way, there are somewhat over 200 prescription drugs that are capable of producing gynecomastia as a side effect.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024