Author Topic: My experience with Dr Ramachandran  (Read 2400 times)

Offline zanzan

• Posting Member
Day 1: Pre op consultation

Arrived at Chennai on the 31/01 morning.
Got a consultation at 10h30 withe the Dr at Apollo Chennai. After consult and many questions, tests were already done, it was decided that I will go for lipo + gland removal. I would not need skin reduction. The surgery was scheduled for next morning at 7h30.

I was give prescription for antibiotics and painkillers. Then I met the anestheologist, Dr TNS. My tension was a bit high so I was given a prescription to lower it and sleeping pills for a calm night.

I shaved my torso this night and washed properly with antiseptics.

Day 2: Surgery

I arrived at Apollo cosmetic clinic at 6h30. A nurse greeted me there and took my BP and gave me meds as my BP was still a little bit high. She let me rest for 30 mins and check my BP again. I was finally good to go. I changed into surgery clothes and went to the OT. I was greeted by Dr Armoogum. Dr Ramachandran, Dr TNS and the other nurses. They made me feel very comfortable.

Dr Ramachandran trace the contours of where the cuts will be made and took pictures. I was installed on the table. Dr TNS inserted the painkiller drip and put the mask on. I was out in not more than 10 seconds.

It was a bit difficult to get out under GA. I remember asking for water and messing with my oxygen mask. But all the time I could hear the nurses talking to me and reassuring me. I finally started seeing blurring lights and faces.I wake up groggy after 10 minutes asked for water and the told me to wait another 30 minutes. Which they did. The main thing I remembered clearly was their reassuring voices and faces. I took a look at my chest and it was wrapped up tightly. Then the doctors came to see me and told me that everything went right.

30 minutes after the nurses helped me get up and made me walked a few steps and made me sit down. They gave me pressed apple juice. Which was very tasty. I did not have absolutely no pain though only a slight discomfort with the gauze straps onto my chest. They put me into my bed and I went to sleep. I woke up feeling some bearable pain. After 30 minutes it started increasing to near unbearable. I told the nurses and they gave me painkiller shot. I was in and out of sleep for a couple of hours. They gave me my prescriptions tablets and  some more juice and water.

The doctor made arrangements for me to be picked up at 17h by an attendant for the night as i was alone. This helped me a lot as i could not use my arms and torso.

I went to sleep and it was on and off sleep as I was still groggy because of the GA. For dinner I ordered veggies soup for a restaurant nearby.

I am going for an appointment this morning to see if we will be able to change the straps.

Day 3

The Dr. removed the dressings to see how was the healing was going. I have seen my chest the first time after surgery. The job done was impressive, my chest was flat. No puffy nipples or man boobs. I was so happy. There was still a little blood coming from the tubes, mainly the right one, because I am left handed. New dressings were made and the tubes were left to remove all excess blood. The Dr. advise me to rest a lot during the next two days and not to lift heavy things. Which I will do. But man it is so difficulty to sleep on your back all the time.

Will update you tomorrow

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:35:46 PM by zanzan »

Offline joey

That was a detailed description of your experience zanzan. It would be really helpful to a lot of people who decide to go in for surgery.

How much did it cost for the surgery totally? I'm planning to undergo the surgery under the same doctor as he comes highly recommended. Please do let me know about the cost.

Offline avku

• Posting Member
hi zanzan.

its been like 6 months after surgery.
plz share the cost and also about the healing process.
are u satisfied with the results.
plz post pics if possible.
ur post will help a lot coz within six weeks we can expect a complete recovery

thx

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024