Author Topic: Experience with Dr. Jacobs  (Read 2523 times)

Offline hypnotic24

Like many of you I wandered around the internet for a few years researching gyno and surgeons before I finally pulled the trigger with Dr. Jacobs six months ago and would like to share my long but 100% successful experience.

Consultation: Quick and easy rarely do Dr.s ever take you in early but I never waited more than 5 minutes in the waiting room for any of my appointments.  Dr. Jacobs spent a good deal of time with me explained everything and answered all of my questions.

Day of surgery:  Team is great (receptionist, anesthesiologist, nurses, and of course Dr. Jacobs)  They are a smooth oiled machine and do many of these surgeries yet you feel like they genuinely care about you and are always friendly and personable.  Went under in the "twilight sleep" with no problem and woke up in the recovery room a little loopy but finally done.  No pain due to drugs still in my system.

Night of surgery (this is where it starts to become extremely important to be selective about surgeon.):  Started feeling intense pain in my right nipple to the point the drugs weren't working.  Called Dr. Jacobs around 10:45 at night and left a message with his answering service and he immediately got back to me.  He reassured me it was a probably a rare hematoma and to come in the next day.

Next day:  Took me in right away examined the hematoma and immediately said it would be best to operate again as opposed to wait it out and let it form scar tissue. 

Week later, hematoma removal:  This was another surgery and I had to go under twilight again.  There was no charge at all for the surgery  or anesthesia, Dr. Jacobs fee is all inclusive for the best chest possible no matter what happens during surgery or during followup.  During this surgery they gave me less drugs and I think it was just 15minutes to remove the blood.  Woke up feeling pretty good and relieved without the pressure of the blood.  Had I went to someone that charges an extra grand for this type of complication surgery I would have been screwed but again Dr. Jacobs is all inclusive for the end result not what it takes to get there.

Healing:  I don't think any person's body likes to get moderate amounts of tissue removed.  This was the worst part and tests your will.  I e-mailed Dr. Jacobs a few times bugging out about the hematoma, that it may make my chest uneven, scar, etc... he answered everything and was very patient and understanding.  Wearing the garments and binder is a bitch but it is over before you know it.  My advice to anyone who is a bit obsessive and healing is don't look at or touch your chest until at least a month later.

Scar tissue:  Had some scar tissue where the hematoma was located which made my chest uneven.  Dr. Jacobs shot some kenalog in it and 4 weeks later all the scar tissue is gone.  Again there was no charge for this.  Other Dr.s charge hundreds of dollars per shot.

6mos post op:  After two surgeries, the hematoma, the scar tissue, and my crazy brain driving me nuts, my chest is perfectly flat and symmetrical, nipples are much smaller and no longer puffy.  Scars are not noticeable and will only get better.  In the end everything turned out great just like Dr. Jacobs promised (although I did doubt him at times, he was right!!) 

Pros: End result!! Dr. Jacobs skill and personality, efficiency of staff, Cathy the receptionist, responsiveness, experience

Cons:  Native New Yorker but I still hate parking in Manhattan and managed to get three tickets over the course of 6 months. Plan ahead or take mass transit.

Summary:  My story is a little unusual with my complications but I think it further illustrates the importance of being selective and comfortable with your surgeon.  I would recommend Dr. Jacobs without reservation to anyone considering this surgery.  Make sure the fee is for the end result and not only the procedure itself or 5k could potentially double.  If the small chance complication like a hematoma occurs you want this all covered and to be under the care of someone who knows how to deal with it.

A word on price:  My cost was around 7500 at the time which seems a bit steep but after everything I went through and how I was taken care of and the final result, it was more than worth it.  DO NOT LET COST DICTATE YOUR SURGEON.  The more you read posts on this site the more you will see that the unhappy people are the ones that cut corners, went cheap, had lipo only because its cheaper (i strongly considered this route, thank god I didnt), or went to the inexperienced surgeons.  If you can't afford a top experienced surgeon who does hundreds of these a year, borrow or wait and save.  It is the best physical and mental investment I have ever made.

Thank you Dr. Jacobs!!

Offline hatingdaboobs

• Posting Member
Thank you for taking the time to post your surgery experience. This is very helpful to someone like myself planning my own surgery.

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Do you have any pics ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024