Author Topic: has anyone used Dr. Lo?  (Read 11305 times)

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Has anybody used Dr. Lo in Philadelphia?   Have surgery tomorrow and I'm looking to hear about some past experiences.  Thanks!

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
I have a surgery with him scheduled in a couple of week. I'm curious. How did it go and how do you feel about the results?

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Hey man.  I'm 3.5 weeks post -Please, had it March 22nd, Thursday will be a month.  I was nervous in the beginning being that there aren't many reviews of Lo on this forum. However, he set me at ease with his confidence and his desire to want to help by actually listening to me.  I had a consult with that guy in white plains, new York who claims to be the best, but I ended up feeling like he was too cocky and seemed only interested in getting bodies in and off the operating table.  Lo seemed generally interested in my concerns.  I read your other post and I had the same worries about the anesthesia, Lo reassured me that it would be fine and it was, sitting in the hospital awaiting the operating is nerve wracking, but as soon as you go under, you wake up; it was really easy, just don't allow yourself to be scared by all the paperwork you sign and whatnot.

As for the results, So far, I'm happy.   I still have some swelling around the perimeter of each pec,  but hardly noticeable,  just tender.   The incisions still look pretty noticeable and there are creases under The nips,I assume due to scare tissue and the stitches.  My right pec looks a bit concaved when I flex, and the symmetry between both pecs isn't bad when relaxed,  still hoping that my body will fill it out as time progresses.

As it stands now, I am happy with the progress and I'm thankful that I went with Lo.   I had you will be too.   Dude, wait until a week after surgery when the vest comes off and you get to look at yourself in a white T-shirt; it's such a great feeling!

good luck!  Please ask any questions!

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Yeah, I got the same feelings from Lo as well. He was very keen to answer any questions, asked me several times if I had any follow-up questions, that is, he was very interested in making sure he could address any questions I had, which was comforting.

I did talk to him about my concerns about anesthesia and he pretty much said the same thing. He also mentioned that he's never had a problem with anesthesia in all the surgeries he's done.

I'm so excited and glad to hear your surgery went well! I think the only way I'd be unhappy with the result is if my chest wasn't flat (which since he's going to be taking out the glands and fat, I don't think is possible). I don't think I'd be bothered at all by a scar. Hell, give me an inverted nipple as long as my chest is flat! LOL  :D

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Good stuff, I'm glad to hear that.    I was of the same way of thinking pre-op,  "I just want a flat chest to look acceptable in tshirts! " however, as it gets closer and after the surgery, you'll be wanting not only flat, but also a nice, smooth contour and invisible nipple scars and creases,  believe me!

again, I still have some things that I'd like to see 'shape up ', but as it stands now, I feel confident that they will and I'm glad I chose Dr. Lo.   I also enjoyed Mildred's company, too!

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
PS - It's hot and sunny today, so I decided to wear a LIGHT blue polo shirt over the white under armour - a shirt I NEVER would've worn a month ago.  (I think my girlfriend bought this for a while ago as I had to rip the tags off this morning).

Tell ya what, walking down the street and seeing yourself, titless, in the reflection of mirrors and windows is an AMAZING feeling, man.  Can't wait for you to experience this!

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Are you still wearing the vest?

I can't remember when Dr. Lo said I wouldn't have to wear the vest. I thought it would be 4 days post-op but I'm reading others' posts on here saying they're still wearing the vest weeks post op.

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
I an not.  I had the surgery on a Thursday and went to have my drains removed on a Monday.  When I got into the office,  he asked if I had brought my under armor and when I said No he was surprised, but said I could wear the vest as long as I wanted going forward or switch to under 24 hours a day until a week later when I could sleep without any shirt at all.   However, despite getting the blessing to stop wearing the vest that Monday,  I think I wore it for another week.  You'd think you'd be itching to get it off, but I honestly missed the support;walking without the vest kind of hurt my chest with each step,  you'll know what I mean.   I've read those same threads about wearing the vest for longer time periods,  but in thinking that our cases might be different from others as I don't think our cases are that bad which would make us need linger vest compression for skin elasticity purposes.

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
To anybody thinking about using Doctor Dr. Lo in Philly: I am 5.5 weeks post-op with Dr. Lo, surgery was March 22nd, 2012.  Prior to my surgery, I started this thread because I couldn't find many reviews of his work.  I essentially decided to go with him based solely from the intiial consultation, he seemed to really care and made me feel comfortable.  However, not having any user reviews online made me a bit weary.

If anyone is ever in my shoes, looking to have their gyne removed in the Philadelphia area, based on my own personal experiece, I highly recommend Dr. Lo.

Opting for this surgery, and taking a leap of faith by going with Lo, is probably one of the best things I've done in my life.  I cannot WAIT for the summer where I can walk on the beach shirtless without having to pinch my nips are throw cold water on them to make them 'firm'.  While some may say that this surgery is cosmetic and unneccesary, I'm looking at life through a new lense thanks to Dr. Lo.   

Again, if anyone is thinking about using Lo in Philly, please feel free to message me and I'll gladly email you some pics!!  Good luck, everybody.

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
I second this sentiment!

I had chosen to go with Dr. Lo before I had posted on this forum just based on my consultation and the pictures of his work but talking to showtime and reading about his experience put my mind at ease about the surgery in general.

I had my surgery on April 26th and even 4 days post op, everything is looking great! Dr. Lo has been patient and answered every question and helped me understand each step of the process.

Offline Hidden4lyfe

• Posting Member
That's great to hear from both of you guys. How bad was you guys gyne before the surgery?

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
I was on the lighter side.  Most people on here with severe cases probably think that cosmetic surgery was unnecessary, but it was enough to make me feel uncomfortable without a shirt, wearing any kind of light material/light colored tshirt.   Are you thinking about going with Lo?  How bad is your gyne?  I can sending you pictures if you'd like. Message me your email if interested.

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
I had a big chest. The glands, shown to me at my last follow-up, we're almost the size of my fists!

You can see my pre-op pics here: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/14/post-surgery-pictures/

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
He showed you the pics of your glands?!?!?!?    I didn't even think to ask that!    Did he say how big they were???   My left was 16 grams, my right was 15 grams.   Not really sure how big that is in terms of actual glands. 

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Yeah but I had asked him to take the pics before the surgery.

I didn't think to ask about their weight--the pictures alone were enough to tell me they were massive.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024