Author Topic: 15 Months Post-Op Report  (Read 2102 times)

Offline clrd2lnd

• Gold Member
Hey Guys,

Long time, no post.  I don't even come to this site much anymore.  This is the first visit in months...living proof that surgery is a definite remedy!

I am 46 and had bilateral tumescent lipo in April of 2004 - no excision.   The results are stunning, and as hard as it may be to believe, my chest STILL seems to improve with time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready for being a runway model, etc.  Hell I'm 45 and have a few extra pounds, but have always had a nice set of shoulders and arms - it's just that now, I have a very masculine looking chest - no breasts.  NO SELF-CONCIOUSNESS.  I do the pool, the beach, etc.  I walk around in the yard without a shirt...it's truly liberating.  (What so many guys take for granted, huh...)  I even have a white Izod golf shirt now, and I wouldn't even THINK about wearing that pre-op.

I had a moderate to severe case, too.

Here's a funny little story though...back when I had surgery, my 'excuse' was that I was having rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder...I mean I didn't want ANYone to know about my gynecomastia, and it still remains a secret to everyone except my wife and my buddy who was my surgeon.

A few months ago I slipped on wet grass in the yard while chasing one of my kids around, playing a game with them.  I think I caught myself with my right arm and felt a sharp pain. Ut oh.

My right shoulder always was tender, for the past 10 years from throwing a football too hard all afternoon one fall day.

ANYway, after a (VERY NERVE-RACKING) MRI and arthrogram it seems I have a big ole fat cartilidge tear - called an Labrum Tear. Google it, it's pretty nasty ..and the pain is intense.  It's the cartidige between the tip of the upper arm bone and the socket it fits it!  I'm an avid tennis player and outdoorsman and this condition is VERY limiting.

And now I really DO need shoulder surgery..on my RIGHT shoulder! HAHA.  Many of my friends remember that I had 'shoulder' surgery some time last year and they are asking me why I'm having it 'again.'  My wife and I are getting a kick out of this!  Better to laugh than cry,  huh.

So ...  here we go again with the anesthesia and surgery.  I remember before I was TERRIFIED of the anesthesia, so this time I don't have that angst but still..I have a case of the 'nerves.'

Thought you guys would get a kick out of my little 'lie' last year.

Like my grandma always said, "Son, if you tell ONE lie, you have to tell TWO lies to cover it up."  Haha..so true.

Peace to all of y'all who are struggling with gyne.  All I can say is if there is ANYway you can swing it...get the surgery and put that gyne chapter behind you.

I sure did!

Peace.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Encouraging post.  I can't wait until a year is up for me.  You should have post some pics.    

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
clrd2lnd....

Awesome post!

Hehe, yeah I know what you mean about golf shirts. Especially white ones! It's odd how golf shirts seem to be the worst for gyne.

Thanks for sharing Dude!

John...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024