Author Topic: got blood test back -- what on it is important?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline bornagain

• Posting Member
i don't know what to look at aside from testosterone -- and that is at 568 nanograms per deciliter.

Gine2D

There are hundreds of tests.  Which ones did you have done?

What were the results & ranges?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 11:48:22 AM by Gine2D »

Offline bornagain

• Posting Member
11 pages of results.

Testosterone was at 568.  Free testosterone was on the high side.   Low hemoglobin.  Everything else was within range for someone my age (24).

It was interesting to see normal testosterone levels -- my libido hasn't always been high.  I am concluding that the low libido was mental (as a result of really large breasts), which are now gone  -- surgery took 'em off.

For good measure, I now have a half of table spoon of olive oil and another one of peanut butter every morning -- they are supposed to increase testosterone.  I also don't exercise for more than 30 minutes at a time -- but when I do, I make sure it's heavy stuff.  I try to sleep longer, and have stopped pot smoking and have minimized drinking -- though I love wine.  Also, I have cut down on unnecessary sweets.  I eat healthy fats, some protein, and usually greens for my carbs.

Gine2D

Testosterone looks good.

What were the estrogen & prolactin levels & ranges?

Offline bornagain

• Posting Member
No estrogen result.  I probably should have gotten that tested before I got the breasts chopped off.  I will get that checked first thing Monday.  If, somehow, I have high estrogen -- is there a medical way to fix this?

Gine2D

If the E2 is high there are prescriptions & over the counter pills to lower it.

It should be in the lower 1/2 or 1/3 of the "normal" range.

If it gets too low it can cause sexual performance problems just like if it is too high.

Offline bornagain

• Posting Member
are you saying that the normal range is really not normal?

thanks!

Offline bornagain

• Posting Member
cam't believe there is no estrogen result on my "complete" blood test.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are not the first to be surprised that a complete blood count does not include any chemistry or hormone tests.  

There are sometimes various groups of tests that are done together.  For example for a man my age, a panel of tests might include anything relative to cardiac or prostate risk.

Sometimes, the Doctor will only get the tests they feel are needed,  Some Doctors will go wild on the chemistries.  

Just as some hunters will use a small bore rifle while others will use a shotgun.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024