Author Topic: gyne surgery experience with Dr Hari Menon at Lakeshore hospital,Cochin,India  (Read 4264 times)

Offline anothergyne

• Posting Member
Hello everyone.i am 22 and i started noticing gyne from the age of 16 and since im a sportsperson , i did all kinds of exercise particluarly concentrated on my chest to get rid off it.There were times when i benchpressed close to 60 kgs and did close to 50 pushups in one go.But no visible results manifested.Then i started searching online and found this forum and was extremely useful.I first consulted Dr susheel cleatus back in 2009.He gave me a quote of 70K.I told my parents about this but they were against it despite me trying effortlessly to convince them.Later i mustered enough courage and money and saw Dr Cleatus in March 2012.He gave me the same quote and we fixed the surgery for mid may.But due to project stuffs at my college i was unable to go for a surgery with him and also,Dr cleatus went to US and said he would be back only by aug-sept.I then contacted Dr Sandip Jain who gave me a quote of 75K including the vest and one day stay at hospital.I also happened to see Dr hari menons website at the same time and he gave me a quote of 48K .Since i was from cochin . i was more inclined to go for a surgery under Dr hari menon.I went in for a consultation with him and he explained to me how the gland will be removed through lateral pull through technique.But the only problem was that the hospital policy wanted me to bring a person for the surgery.Since my parents dint know about this , i told a very close friend of mine and after a little apprehension about the whole gyne surgery process, he agreed.So the date was fixed on may 30, 2012.Incidently , another forum member also had the gyne surgery under him on the same day as me 

Offline anothergyne

• Posting Member
May 30th , 2012
i reached hospital at 7 in the morning.Went into casuality and my friend paid 34K in adavance.The staff and nurses were quite friendly and they said there was nothing to be worried.I, was infact, excited a lil bit about the whole genereal anaesthasia experience ;)From the conversation of the nurses , i guessed that gyne surgery was quite a common affair in the hospital and they were casual about it.They gave me a gown and a lungi to wear and did some test on me.I was then wheeled off to the operatin room.
In the pre - OR , i was given a drip of saline and had to wait till around 940 for the doc to arrive.I was the taken to the OR in a stretched.The doc saw me and he was cheerful and cracked some jokes at the nurses.He then asked me to remove my gown and took some pics and did the markings.After that the nurse administered the anaestasia.I actually thot it was anitbiotic and i felt weird since i dint think antibiotics could cause u dizzined , lol   And that was the last thing i remembered and next scene was a nurse standing by me saying tat op went well.i was also wearing the corset at that time(the one which doesnt cover your stomach).i asked her the time and she said it was 1130.I have a faint memory of tilting my head side to side somewhere  immediately after the ops .This happened more than once and when i was doing so , somebody would call out my name and i would stop tilting immediately.This was kind of weird 
Then i was wheeled off to the general AC ward.It had 3 beds and there was one other guy with me.The nurse gave me more drips and i rested till 230 after wich i had some water and "kanji"  ;)The nurse askd me to check wheter i cud pee properly.I thot it as weird but only when i tried doin so i found that it was really difficult and took me around 5 minutes to pee.When i tried too hard some blood was seeping through the bandages and visible in my corset.This sacred me.When i called up the nurse she said they would have to keep me in the hospital overnight if i couldnt peeand she also said the blood coming out in small amount was normal.I got scared and did a quick google search and found that this was common after the surgery.i drank plenty of water.After 3-4 times ,i could urinate much more effortlessly and that was a relief  .the doc had aroudn 4 surgeries that day and it was not until 630 that he came to visit me.The visit was was brief and he asked me if i could walk,drink and eat properly.When i replied in postive,he said to get out of the hospital without wasting much time.All in all , a really friendly and jovial person
i got the medicines from the pharmacy.Since my parents dint know about the surgery i decided to stay in a hotel for 3 days for recovery.The pain was very minimum and doc encouraged me to do some stretching and stuffs , but not to lift weights.i spent time by watchin tv and browsing through movies in my lap.i went out for an evening stroll every day and dint feel any pain as such.i this is my 4th day post op and doc had said not to remve the corset for 5 days.But i couldnt live with the suspense and remved the corset today morning for just 5 min  the chest looks really flat  .There is swelling on my upper chest and slight numbness near areola.The bandages are to the side of each nipple under the armpit.Im still keeping my fingers crossed on the results as the real results would only be seen after a month or so, during which , the sweelling could increase.
I"ll soon get you updated on the pics.For the time being im confused at what reason il tell my parents for wearing a corset.If i say back pain they"ll immediatel take me to see a doc.Guess il have to say some sorta posture correction or type of gym belt to get the correct chest shape   
the cost of surgery is as below:
cost of surgery includig OT,docs fees,nursing,taxes and stuffs : 44570rs
Room rent charges:450rs
Food charges:160rs
medicines:around 1000 rs
corset:2400rs
Total : 48580 rs
If anyone has any queries,il be more than happy to reply .

Offline gyno4mBglr

Offline anothergyne

• Posting Member
my pre op pics
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action-view&current=2012-05-08105815.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action-view&current=2012-05-08105634.jpg
2 weeks post op pics.
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12125017-1.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12124817-1.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12125734-1.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12125756-1.jpg
password is gyne1234

Offline bharat

• Posting Member
my pre op pics
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action-view&current=2012-05-08105815.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action-view&current=2012-05-08105634.jpg
2 weeks post op pics.
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12125017-1.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12124817-1.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12125734-1.jpg
s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/crazydevil333/?action=view&current=2012-06-12125756-1.jpg
password is gyne1234

Hey dude,

Can't see those pics... Could please share your latest pics?

Also, how is the improvement? I have heard some negative points on this method of surgery..

If you could share you experience on this forum, it would be really helpful for all of us who are suffering from Gynecomastia.. Would really really appreciate if you could upload you pre and post recent pics in this forum..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024