Author Topic: Endocrinologist exam  (Read 1720 times)

Offline hk

I've had what I thought was gynecomastia since I was 14. I'm now in my late 20's and I recently visited a local endocrinologist. He confirmed that I had gynecomastia and said he found both tissue and fat. He described the tissue as a button underneath the nipple. I'm a fairly healthy and slim individual so I noticed my gynecomastia considerably. However, the endrocrinologist told me that this happens to most adolescents at puberty and nearly 50% have some form of gynecomastia as an adult. He told me not to worry about it and said not to think of surgery - he said you'd be trading a scar for gynecomastia. He said to just live with it. His one concern was about my recent decreased sex drive and inability to maintain as much of an erection as I could. He's running bloodwork to measure testosterone levels.

Does this sound correct to you? Granted, I'm thin but I notice my gyne a lot. I don't want to just live with it. I hate it. My insurance additionally may cover a surgery. Should I get a second opinion? Is there someone in the Seattle region whom I should do a consult with?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024