Author Topic: Local Anesthesia and Post OP experiences  (Read 2346 times)

Offline cornsyrup

• Posting Member
Sup.

So I did mine under local and it was quite uncomfortable, I will admit. But what was more uncomfortable was the fact that I haven't felt any real pain yet, and I'm 3 days post-op.

What is this a sign of, if anything?

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
I had general anesthesia but i really never felt any pain either.  I did have a bit of discomfort when stretching or moving my arms a lot, but never any pain at all when i was just sitting around.  I think everyone reacts very differently to the surgery.   Are you in good shape?  It seems like the people that are in better shape usually have a quicker recovery time and less pain/complications at the beginning.  I am by no means in great shape, but i am relatively healthy and pretty young. 

Offline cornsyrup

• Posting Member
I had general anesthesia but i really never felt any pain either.  I did have a bit of discomfort when stretching or moving my arms a lot, but never any pain at all when i was just sitting around.  I think everyone reacts very differently to the surgery.   Are you in good shape?  It seems like the people that are in better shape usually have a quicker recovery time and less pain/complications at the beginning.  I am by no means in great shape, but i am relatively healthy and pretty young. 

Yea, I'm in good shape. I thought that was the reason considering I do push-ups every morning; but still, I think I need to feel more pain...

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I had General. I didn't really feel any pain afterwards either, just discomfort. I did feel some pain when massaging and it did feel itchy and hot on my chest when I would move around too much during that first week of recovery, but I never really felt really bad pain.

In fact, after about day 3 or 4 I switched out my pain killers to just extra strength Tylenol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024