Author Topic: A couple questions if you had surgery  (Read 3005 times)

Offline xgi

• Posting Member
Hi.Had my surgery 25 august and feel pretty good but a bit tender yet but seems to be getting better everyday.
Do have a couple questions for guys who have had their surgery for a while.

1  How long did it take you for a total recovery? I seen my doc today and he said about three months. Just wondering how long on the average.

2 Do you have any lasting effects from the surgery like numbness or less feeling in your chest??

So far so good here but it's only been a week so far but he did clear me to start working out again ;D as long if I get any pain to stop so tommorow going with some light weights and a bit of cardio to see how things feel.

I'm really geeked up to get back to my workouts. Even bought me a AB board today. he he he Thanks to all.......m
You want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans for tomorrow.

Kids who hunt,fish and trap don't mug little old ladies

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Hi.Had my surgery 25 august and feel pretty good

You had your surgery on the 25 August?  Did you mean July 25th?  

If your doctor cleared you to start working out after 1 week post up, you must be doing very well or you didn't have much done.  Personally, I'm going into my 3rd week post op and I'll be back in the gym tonight.  Light cardio and leg exercises.  My chest still feels as if it's healing and I don't want to get in the middle of that.  

Everyday, my chest seems to be improving.  Bruises are healing, sensation is coming back and swelling is going down.  Most doctors has said it will take up to a full year to see the full results of surgery.  

As for sensation.  Some people say it never fully comes back...maybe only to 80%.  I don't mind paying that price just to get rid of my gyne.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 07:04:38 AM by Blitz »

Offline Spleen

I was back in the gym afer 10 days thought it was about 2 months before I forgot I had surgery at all.  

Offline xgi

• Posting Member
Yepper Blitz July 25 that's what I get when I type that early in the morning without my coffee ;D l. I really didn't have it too bad manily on my right side was worse. I was in pretty good shape when I had my surgery I think that's why he let me get back to things.

Only thing I found is I need the chest binder on with my body armour when I work out. I too am just a bit swelled up yet and have bruising but it seems to get better every day. Even though I didn't get any hard workouts I even walked 4 miles daily. I think that the walking helped me heal faster. Well I'm off to hit the weights now.  11 days for me today since my surgery. Thanks for the info. Good luck to all.......m

Offline Javier

• Posting Member
Am I right to assume that the milder the case is, the bigger the chances of the operation succeeding and the faster the recovery time will be?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It was about 2 months before I forgot I had surgery at all.  

Same here...

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Am I right to assume that the milder the case is, the bigger the chances of the operation succeeding and the faster the recovery time will be?

My Gyne was larger than most and recovered very quickly. I highly doubt that severity has anything to do with recovery time and/or op success.   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 12:45:06 PM by Bambu »

Offline Spleen

I highly doubt that severity has anything to do with recovery time and/or op success.   ;)

John.

I'm gonna half disagree on this one.  I don't think a guy with severe gyne or a lot of loose skin is going to have the same results as a guy with a mild case.  Both may be a success in that there will be an improvement, but you're unlikely yto get the exact same results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024