Author Topic: gynecomastia surgeons in mumbai other than dr, sandip jain  (Read 6862 times)

Offline max86

• Posting Member
hello.. who are the other top gynecomastia surgeons in mumbai other than dr. sandip jain. had a consultation with dr. sandip jain. he suggested skin tightening. had earlier consulted dr. manwani who did'nt recommend skin tightening. i want to consult another doctor before proceding with anything. please help. personally i dont feel i have that severe gynecomastia so as to recquire skin tightening.

Offline Anakin

• Posting Member
There is Dr Mohan Thomas from Cosmetic Surgery Institute located at Bandra (W). He's supposed to have a good reputation.

BTW isn't skin tightening only for obese people who has to go in for heavy liposuction?

Offline max86

• Posting Member
yes.. skin tightening is only for very obese or for people with very severe gynecomastia. at least that is what i hav come to understand. but dr. sandip jain suggested skin tightening for me. ( he has done that frequently to other patients too. came to know about this by reading the reviews) he also told me that in my case the gland size was big, around 10 cm diameter and wont come out through the small incision usually made below the nipple( AGAIN A WEIRD THING) AND added it would require full periareolar incision to remove the gland. the problem is that this kind of surgery leaves a lot of scarring. feel he does that just to charge extra money in name of deepithelization..

Offline Anakin

• Posting Member
Going by the reviews on this site, he seems to recommend that to everyone!
I intend to take an appointment with him this month. If he suggests skin tightening, I will definitely go in for a second or maybe even a third opinion.

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
he had suggested that too me as well btw

Offline Anakin

• Posting Member

Offline max86

• Posting Member
i have not proceeded with dr. sandip jain. i am thinking about visiting dr. mohan thomas. heard he charges upto 2 lakhs... heard there are good surgeons in chennai and delhi. anything for avoiding scarring

Offline nitesh

• Posting Member
you can take the opinion of dr prashant yadav  in pune

he is a cosmetic and plastic surgeon and his charges are very nominal

Why to spend 2 lakh to get gynecomastia surgery

check his website cosmetic-surgery-pune ( DEZIRE CLINIC ),9222122122  for further details

i think he can solve your confusion

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
I underwent surgery @ Prashant since I did not have the cash to spend at a more reputed surgeon.

For Gynecomastia, I can say he's quite good, all of those puffy nipples and fat has gone away, although I need to wait and check how it fares later on. For 25k for gyneco (lipo + gland removal), he's pretty economic. But there was one more thing I did...I did lipo of the stomach too (65k total cost)....and I'm suffering a bit for that. I would partly say it because of the crappy compression garments given to me by the clinic....really pathetic. My stomach is taking an irregular shape because of the dual garment, one for the chest which comes half way down upto the a little above the navel, getting some blood clots

The other doctors around take measurements and then have a compression garment custom made. I was given a ready made garment without any thought given to what will happen later on. I asked him to do something but he said that its the biggest size!!!!

Because the garment is tight on the stomach, I've had to get up 2-3 times in the night to go to urinate....its not been easy. Initially, I had to take help of someone at night to do this. I've had a lot of pain on the left hip and back, so I cannot get up from the bed on my own. In the past 2-3 days after adjusting the abdominal garment, its feeling a little better where I can get up from bed using minimum support

He also recommends that you wear them for 2-3 months....I really don't know how I'm going to do that....I may just lookup some people who make these garments so that I can live more comfortably. I've seen a few on the net which look like what I need but I need to hunt for it locally now

have posted a few pics of the garment given to me here
www.gynecomastia.org/smf/38/urination-problem-after-liposuction-of-stomach-and-chest/

One more thing....like the other guy (I forget his name...the one who went to sudip jain and complained that he became unresponsive after surgery)....I felt a bit the same initially...I may be wrong here but I sensed an attitude change after the surgery was compeleted. These people must understand that most help is needed after the surgery is completed...when u're in pain
I just hope that I get out of this situation as soon as possible

Offline nitesh

• Posting Member
why dont u ask your doctor to solve your problem

Offline max86

• Posting Member
@ mak23.. did dr. prashant do skin tightening for you? if not, do u feel loose skin at the site of gland removal now?

Offline neon_cascade

• Posting Member
Hey mak23, could you post your surgery experience with Dr.Prashant Yadav?

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
Hello All,
I just need some time to feel more comfortable to write about my experience with Dr Prashant. I'm in the middle of the recovery process (2 weeks). I'll surely write about it because it can potentially save a few bucks or offer treatment to those who cannot afford more expensive doctors....I took a chance, because there was no way I could have afforded the 1.4 lac that Sudip Jain was charging (90k for gyneco and the remaining for fat removal from the stomach)

Dr Prashant offered me another garment and though it was expensive (4k), I'm feeling much better now. Its a single garment and has a zip at the center, and takes the shape of the skin and is very elastic.
There is a big difference now in the feeling that I had using the old compression garment. With the old compression garment, I had to later on wear a tshirt first and then wear the compression garment on top of it since it was really irritating my skin but even that was causing pain while getting up or sleeping....it was literally hell.

No, no skin tightening was needed, even though I am quite obese. He also offers some rf treatement after the surgery to help against loose skin (Again, I'll speak about this later since I had a bad experience on the first visit to get the treatment done.....but after I did it again today, I'm feeling much better). Please note that not only was the chest lipo done,it was also the stomach area that was fatty

Offline Anakin

• Posting Member
Mak23, you should definitely lookout for a new compression garment, but if it is significantly different from the existing one you must consult the doc before wearing it.
And remember, your pain and discomfort is only temporary. What awaits you is a life without moobs and unwanted body fat :-) Wish you a speedy recovery!

Offline mak23

• Bronze Member
thanks anakin, the doc himself gave it to me....will try to post a pic later for all those suffering from poor quality compression garments

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024