Author Topic: Post Op. Questions  (Read 3873 times)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I'm having excision and lipo done in around 1 month. My question is, 4 days post op, how hard will it be to carry a backpack? Will I still feel grogy from anestesia? Hows the average pain factor 4 days post op.

Also, what are some remedys to speed up healing and reduce swelling. I heard that keeping ice on the chest frequently will reduce swelling, and help to prevent hematomas. Is this true?  Also, does walking alot after surgery help prevent hematomas?

Vaio
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 06:19:23 PM by vaio »
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
it doesnt hurt, it's just sore....you wont be able to move your arms properly to put on a backpack.  i had surgery on tuesday, could have gone back to work MAYBE wed. afternoon....surely on thursday, but took the day off as i wanted to finish watching the star wars trilogy :)

i was "having fun in bed" and going for walks by friday....so you can move around, but your arms will be limited and you can't sleep on your side or stomach for AT LEAST a week.

Offline vaio

I have a very high pain tolerance. Theres no, not carrying a backpack after 4 days. I have to go back to school! Maybe I should get one of thoes rolling backpacks

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
pain is not the issue, damage is.  it is absolutely not worth it to be active that soon, you could tear something easily and make a real mess of your hard-earned operation.  save your hiking for a month or so later, it'll be warmer anyway.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline vaio

I have school 5 days post op..

Offline wolfgang8565

• Bronze Member
  • Life goes on!!! Yeah right...
ull b fine just make sure no one touches or punches ur chest...

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Vaio,

"How's the average pain," you ask? The consensus opinion is uncomfortable but not overly painful, as long as you're not carrying a backpack. ;D

The best "remedy" to speed up healing and reduce swelling is to wake-up each day & take a huge dose of patience.  Like another guy said, that would just suck hard if you end up damaging or tearing something because you're too active too early.  :)

Offline vaio

ull b fine just make sure no one touches or punches ur chest...

Thats what I wanted to hear ;D All I am going to do the first 4 days is sleep and walk around. On the 5 day+ all I am gonna do is sleep, go to school, and sleep again.
Im going to take it very slow.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024