Author Topic: Please suggest a good doctor  (Read 3505 times)

Offline somebuddy

• Posting Member
hi   :),
     I am thinking of having mammoplasty, but heard that in some cases breasts can reappear depending on reason it appeared, because of hormones, treatment etc.

Hence I want to confirm my cause of gynecomastia. Earlier I was suspecting klinefelter syndrom, but my tests of  T ( free 7.71pg/ml - total 273.56 ng/dL), LH (4.75 mIU/ml ) & FSH (3.89 mIU/ml) suggest that it may be secondary hypogonadism rather than primary.

Is it possible that if untreated, I may grow moobs again after surgery?

Have you guys looked for your cause of growing moobs?

I am planning to detect the exact cause & then treat it. Thanks to this forum, I understood my problem(gynecomastia) & solution to deal with it.

But I was unable to find any forum/doctor ( endocrinologist to be specific ) who is experienced  with male hypogonadism or hormone treatment. Googling showed one Dr. B.k. Roy from delhi / noida. But it's too far for me & I am hesitant as it appears he is just after money.

Please let me know if you know any expert endocrinologist in male hypoganadism (preferably from mumbai - pune area).

Offline nitesh

• Posting Member
hi   :),
     I am thinking of having mammoplasty, but heard that in some cases breasts can reappear depending on reason it appeared, because of hormones, treatment etc.

Hence I want to confirm my cause of gynecomastia. Earlier I was suspecting klinefelter syndrom, but my tests of  T ( free 7.71pg/ml - total 273.56 ng/dL), LH (4.75 mIU/ml ) & FSH (3.89 mIU/ml) suggest that it may be secondary hypogonadism rather than primary.

Is it possible that if untreated, I may grow moobs again after surgery?

Have you guys looked for your cause of growing moobs?

I am planning to detect the exact cause & then treat it. Thanks to this forum, I understood my problem(gynecomastia) & solution to deal with it.

But I was unable to find any forum/doctor ( endocrinologist to be specific ) who is experienced  with male hypogonadism or hormone treatment. Googling showed one Dr. B.k. Roy from delhi / noida. But it's too far for me & I am hesitant as it appears he is just after money.

Please let me know if you know any expert endocrinologist in male hypoganadism (preferably from mumbai - pune area).

dude  you are taking it far beyond. my doc removed fat first by liposuction and than he remove all gland tissue  .and all it cost me 30k . i am very happy with result.

Offline somebuddy

• Posting Member
Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.  I would like to ask you that what do you exactly mean by "far beyond". Are you suggesting that it is wrong or not advisable to know the root cause of your gyne, or infact, any problem? and it is not baseless as I have done the tests. I am concerned about it and I am willing to spend for it.

BTW have a look at
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/23/any-experinced-economical-surgeon-in-hyderabad/msg174991/#msg174991

Offline neon_cascade

• Posting Member
Hey somebuddy, for the T  level tests did you have to get a referral from a doctor? What kind of doctor did you go to and what did you say to him/her? I am hesitant to talk to a family doctor.

Or can you get the tests done independently at a lab?

Offline somebuddy

• Posting Member
Hi neon_cascade  ;D,

I can understand, I feel same, becuase in india things called privacy & (real) professionalism do not exist.
              I have done all the research online, so there may be better ways. But here is how I got tests done.

From a similar forum for another medical condition, klinefelter( gyne is one of the symptoms) I got to know that the three hormons are to be tested - Testosterone ( Free & Total ), FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormon)  & LH ( Lueteinising Hormone).  These 3 hormones are generally used to decide the hypogonadism & it's type. Your Endo then may do furhter tests to confirm exact cause.

Google for "AACE Hypogonadism guideline pdf". This will give you an idea how your endo shuold/may approach to your problem.

For more info of this you can google or basic info is there in 12th std bio books.

I googled, got site for Dr. Lal labs. Did some further research on google, called lab's customer care few times to confirm rates etc,  decided for test no Z099 (Rs 2000 only  :P ). I wanted to do karyotype & one more test, but was deined, as it requires medical history.  Here are the useful links. This is good service as results are quick & cheap. They have many centers/labs at various locations. They also collect samples from your home if you want( @ extra 100 bucks).

lalpathlabs. com/
lalpathlabs .com/find_closest_lab.aspx
lalpathlabs .com/testmenu.aspx

Depending on the type of test, you get reports on next day or one day after. Some tests may take more time, for example karyotype takes min 21 days & only lab for that is in delhi ( for lallabs).

You can then consult with experts online/personally (provided you get any  :) ).

Many of the natural gyne cases ( i.e. not cuased by trauma or drug induced) are hypogonads, it seems. And the treatment for it ( not moobs unless during puberty) is some HRT- Hormone Replacement Therapy . In many cases it is TRT, Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Unless monitored for levels, it will cause gyne to reappear  :( after surgery. Experts can correct me if wrong.

Offline somebuddy

• Posting Member
I mean privacy does not exist in most of the GP clinics.

Also cheap is comparative term, so it'll be wrong to call the lab's service, as i dont know prices from other labs.

Sorry, but i am unable to edit the same post after 3 attempts, hence ..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024