Author Topic: will andractim work in this case?  (Read 3423 times)

Offline wasatchm

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I have true gyne (gland).  I also have TESTOSTERONE level that is at the very bottom of the range for a normal adult male (bottom 20%).  my PROGESTERONE level is 1.5-2.5 time the upper limit for and adult male (my blood was tested twice for progesterone level).

I do know that progesterone is need in both males and females.  I also know that it is one of the hormones required for breast growth.  my question is, is there a possiblity andactim will reduce gyne in my case?  is there any negatives to trying it (other than being out a couple hundred dollars if it doesn't work)?  is there anything else that might work for me (besides surgery).

thank

BA

Offline randomtask

• Posting Member
you need to see an endocrinologist to resolve your hormonal issues before you can proceed with treating the gynecomastia.

Offline wasatchm

• Bronze Member
I am already in that process.  I was hoping there might be an endo out there is someone with experience in that field that could give me there opinion.  I've already seen one endo who appeared to know less about hormonal imbalances and gyne than most people on this discussion board.  I do have an appointment with another endo but not for 6 weeks.

I just find it hard to beleive that an abnormally high progesterone level and the severe gene that I have are not related (yet that is what the last endo told me).  I don't believe it.  if the next endo I visit says the same this, I probably won't believe him (unless he demonstrates a very strong knowledge of hormones and gyne).   from what information I've been able to gather, mega high progesterone level in men is very rare.  in fact, I am unable to find any information about any product (over the counter or prescribed) that treats it.  very frustrating. ...

thanks

Offline hypo

I do not know if you have read my last mail.

I was hoping we could forward a few things for you together so I would know who it is best for you to see.

If you want to go step by step and gather some knowledge to help you understand what may be happening and then move onto a good referral I will help you with that.  Perhaps that is something you will want after feeling confident about a good referral, perhaps it is not and you don't want to know all about this endocrinology stuff-  either way lets sort things out for you.

You said that you had an endo that you did not feel comfortable with, that can be the case with any doctor.  In such cases it often makes sense to go with a new doctor that you believe in irrespective of the merits of the doctor your with, as confidence is an important issue when you are in someone else’s hands.

You mention an appointment booked in  x number of weeks.

Tell me where you are in the US and I will find all the top endocrinologists that deal with reproductive issues, not just general endos.

That way I’ll give you the contact details so you can phone them up and decide for yourself who sounds good.  If they turn out not to be good, you can fire them and get another off the list.

Just give me the state ad the city/area and I’ll do what I can.

Do not touch Andractim or anything else in the meantime as it will skewer your test results.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 01:13:44 PM by hypo »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024