Author Topic: My surgery April 8th (Pre & Post Op pics included)  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Paul998

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I'm posting my full report here regarding my surgery April 8th. Questions and comments welcome! So here we go:

- Lipo and arthroscopic shaver to break down any fibrous tissue (i had adipose gyneco, i.e. mainly all fat).

- Length of procedure: roughly 1.5 hours.

- In at 6:30am, procedure 7:45am - 9:15am, went home at 6:30pm.

- General Anaesthesia (in a blink of an eye I went from operating room to recovery room). Woke up happy, smiling, no pain, no nausea.

- About 350cc of fat removed from each side (so 700cc total) Minimal fibrous tissue existed, removed by shaver.

- Post-op pain management: Tylenol. Yep, that's it. Quite frankly, there is more discomfort from the compression bandage than the actually skin/lipo area.

- I am super happy with the results 1-day post op. That said, the swelling has now begun, so I'm going to let this play out for the next few months.

- 3-days post-op: cutting back on the Tylenol. Getting my energy back. Since it's Friday, I'll be back at work on Monday (i.e. took 1 week off).

I had a 24-hour post-op check up (see pic), and checking in again after a week with my surgeon.

NOTE: I am sensitive when it comes to anything medical, so when I was home, I looked in the mirror ... and ... I fainted. Thank goodness my wife was there to catch my fall. I'm fine, regained consciousness within a second. My surgeon tells me that this was the emotional aspect taking over (I've had gyneco since I was a teenager and been contemplating surgery for the past 10 years). So, a word of brotherly warning: take it easy and relax after surgery -- these things can creap up on you any time.

Overall, I must say that there is nothing to be scared of. Looking back at the procedure, I stressed out way too much for no reason. And I should have definitely opted to do it earlier (budget-willing). I'm 30 years old, and I'm ready to enjoy by new chest regardless :)

Any comments welcome! Otherwise it's time for months of recovery and patience.

All the best.

hammer

What a big change! You look like a new man, congrats!

It is kinda funny how you go from introductions in to OR to waking up in recovery up don't remember a thing in between! My longest surgery was 9 hours. It was he'll on my family, but I don't remember anything!

Paul998, you look good, and there as been a great improvement, you should be very happy!

Bob

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Looking great bro. The sun is shinning for you.

Offline Paul998

• Posting Member
5-day post-op:

Thank you all for the comments and support thus far! I'm really excited too :) The more days that pass, the less discomfort I have, the happier I am. I'm beginning to realize how the intervention has changed my life. Wow! I'm not the shopping type, but how much pleasure am I going to have in a few weeks to find some white t-shirts that i can wear over the summer! lol

Alright, here's a 5-day post-op picture update. Swelling and bruising more evident.

No pain, minimal discomfort. Easing off on the Tylenol, and still relaxing at home since it's now the weekend.

Offline boarder.2k9

• Posting Member
Hi mate,

Congratulations on your surgery - looking great!

Could you give use some update pictures. Would be interesting to see how different it looks 1 month on since your last pictures.

Cheers

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024