Author Topic: Surgery Singapore Amaris B. Clinic  (Read 30268 times)

Offline JustDoIt

• Posting Member
I've had pretty minor gynecomastia since 13 and am now 21. I've consulted with Dr. Dr. Ivan Puah/profile">Dr. Ivan Dr. Ivan Puah at Amaris B. Clinic, Singapore. I was told I only required glandular excision without lipo as the glandular tissue was small and right below my areola and because I did'nt have much fat around my chest. The staff and doctor were really nice and friendly and I have decided to book my surgery with them. It's gonna happen on the 21st and I have to say I'm really nervous. Wish me luck! If you guys have any questions feel free to pm me!   

Offline Sickunt

whats the charge for the surgery?

Offline JustDoIt

• Posting Member
Hey Sickunt! I was quoted 2500 excluding GST during my consultation. I've made the deposit of 500 already and have an outstanding balance of 2175 which will be paid for on the day of surgery. So I'm pretty sure the doc would quote you an exact price. But since I only required glandular excision it was cheaper. With lipo it prob would be slightly over 3k as I enquired over the phone before. Anyway I'll update here with my results! Surgery on the 21st, so nervous!

Offline Allthebest

Hey Sickunt! I was quoted 2500 excluding GST during my consultation. I've made the deposit of 500 already and have an outstanding balance of 2175 which will be paid for on the day of surgery. So I'm pretty sure the doc would quote you an exact price. But since I only required glandular excision it was cheaper. With lipo it prob would be slightly over 3k as I enquired over the phone before. Anyway I'll update here with my results! Surgery on the 21st, so nervous!

Good luck to your surgery JustDoIt!! I am searching for a doctor in Singapore as well. Why do you choose this Amaris B. Clinic?

Offline JustDoIt

• Posting Member
Hi Allthebest and thanks man! Well, I did try to go via the polyclinic route (request for a referral to SGH) but the GP told me my case was a really minor one and they prob wouldn't agree to subsidize my surgery for me. I've heard good things about the SGH surgeons and since cost was a big problem for me because I'm still a student, it was my preferred option. However, to be perfectly honest, I just wanted to get it over and done with and Amaris B fell within my budget. I've also read really good reviews on forums about Dr Ivan though more for his vaser lipo. So I just went ahead and booked a consultation with him. He was very friendly and seemed to know what he was talking about. I don't think he has done much of gynecomastia surgery because he only showed me one before and after photo of his patient. It looked pretty good and so I just decided to just dive straight in and book the surgery. I hope I wasn't being too rash!

Offline Sickunt

Hey justdoit, thanks for the update. just wanted to ask you, is he gonna operate at the areola itself or right below it? coz from what i heard and research, under the nips can leave pretty bad scars and thats what im afraid off. I really wanna go for the op but cash is a big constraint. wished they had a student price or and installment plan  lol!

Offline JustDoIt

• Posting Member
Hey justdoit, thanks for the update. just wanted to ask you, is he gonna operate at the areola itself or right below it? coz from what i heard and research, under the nips can leave pretty bad scars and thats what im afraid off. I really wanna go for the op but cash is a big constraint. wished they had a student price or and installment plan  lol!

Hey man! The doc told me he intended to make a small incision right below the nipple. I'm not too sure if it'll be on the nipple itself or just on the edge of it though, but I think it'll be on the edge like I've seen on videos. I'll let you know on the 21st! As for scarring he said since there'll be a colour difference between the nipple and my skin, the scar wouldn't be that obvious. Lol yeah man I feel you! Hopefully through my experience (a good one I hope!), you'd be more encouraged to go for the op! I'll definitely update with my results and honest thoughts about it! Cheers!

Offline JustDoIt

• Posting Member
Finally done with surgery today! Everything went smoothly, was in the surgery room at about 1030 where the doc marked me up and the last thing i remembered was being sedated by the nurse. Then I remember waking up shortly after only to feel myself being taped up and then I knocked out again. I was allowed to leave at around 1245 after some light tidbits and a cup of milo they gave me. I only began feeling a little pain when I reached home and my chest looks a little swollen. I hope it's normal! The nurse said I could change the gauze on my own after I showered today but I think I'm gonna leave it on till tomorrow. As for the pain it is indeed bearable so I'm trying to stay away from the pain killers they gave me. Will update again tomorrow when I change the gauze!

Offline JustDoIt

• Posting Member
Oh and I eventually told my sister about the surgery so she could cover for me whenever I needed it. Feels good to have someone looking out for you. But told her this secret of mine must die with her lol. I feel so much better letting someone else know about my condition!

Offline Sickunt

hey  congrats man! looks like it when well! so where was the incision made? was it on the nipple itself or below? Whats the incision size?

Offline JustDoIt

• Posting Member
Hey! Well here's some pics for you. I'm not exactly sure why the doc decided to make the incision on the side of the nipple, will be sure to ask him again during my follow up next friday. Anw, just a little update, it's my 3rd day post-op, swelling has gone down but still there. No pain at all on my right side and it's starting to itch which is a good thing! As for my left side, it looks pretty bruised but not much pain, prob gonna take awhile longer for that side to heal.

Offline Sickunt

looks painfull. but looks good bro, how was it before the surgery? major improvements?

Offline 8888888

I was thinking of going to Amaris too.
Any before pics? New pics?

How are you doing?

Offline agreenfo

Hey guys just booked my treatment for the 3rd of July! Pretty stoked. I am doing the gland removal and fat removal and I think I will be doing the abdomen as well. I am a US resident who is heading back to the states the day afterwards so I just figured to get it all done before I go. Question, has the bruising gone down at all? What about the swelling? Any new pics to post? I will post my before and afters on here.

Offline just_operated

Hi Guys

As my name suggests.. i just got operated  :)

I went to Amaris as well. I paid around 3800. I guess it depends on whether u need gland removal.

Will post pics soon.

cheers

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024