Author Topic: waterpark post op?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
Hey all!

I have my surgery this Tuesday and im nervous, but all my friends are going to a big water park exactly 1 week after surgery.  

Question is, am I gonna be okay how I look?  Like will i still have puffy nips and etc?  The doc said I can go to the beach the next day, but I'm not sure how true that is....

Anyway, thanks for reading , hope y'all respond  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
mothamercy....

Sure you can go to the beach with your buddies. However, don't get your inscisions wet and don't take your shirt off as you don't want any UV rays from the sun getting at your healing scars.

You may not feel up to going to the beach at just one week post-op. It would take at least a month or two for you to start feeling like your usual self.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Spleen

Yeah, it might be a little bit early.  They didn't take my stitches out until day 10.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Agreed, it would be a big risk and you want your healing to go best as possible. I would probably wait a few weeks minimum and if going to a beach or swim area use a lot of sunblock. I would just wait until things have mostly healed up and you are up and about and feeling all right. Maybe at the end of this summer or whenever. Good luck with your healing process and hopefully all goes well.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
First of all, good luck to you on your operation.  It should be a breeze.

To reveal yourself 1 week post op might not be the smartest thing in the world.  I just had my operation over a month ago and it took 3 weeks for just the bruising to heel.  The amount of bruising will depend on how bad your case is, what technique your doctor uses and how your body heels.  

Also, the sun can cause permenant damage to the scarred area.  If you were to go to the water park, put a lot of sunscreen on.  

The other thing to consider is how are you going to feel 1 week post op.  I could sit up and not feel any pain around 5 days post op.  I couldn't run or put my hands over my head after 1 week.  I didn't have the full range of motion in my movements.  

I hope things work out for you but brace yourself that you might not want to go.  

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Honestly, you won't even feel up to it.  You'll be swollen, bruised, and any kind of slight vibration (even walking) will make your chest hurt.  

The thought of going down a slide and having water crashing in on my chest while only 1-week post op makes me cringe.  I highly advise against going.

Also, like it's been stated, you want to keep your scars out of the sun for at least a year if you can.  At least don't expose them right away.  If you use spf 50 sunblock they should be ok in a few weeks.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024