Author Topic: Can Pseudogynecomastia be cured by exercise?  (Read 13719 times)

Offline b8b

• Posting Member
Hi. I don;t know ifI have the real gyno or not but I'm pretty sure its pseudogynecomastia. Can that be cured by exercise and cardio? Becuase I think that pseudogyno is caused by having extra fat, which I have.

Thanks

Offline pureluck

• Posting Member
I'd have to see some pictures to give an opinion. I used to think I had pseudogyne because I couldn't feel any hard tissue. My ps however, said he definitely felt a combination of fat and glandular tissue so i guess i didn't know what to feel for.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Depends on the case. Some can be cured with just excercise, toning, and dieting. In general though losing weight is a good start on fighting gyne. Feel your entire chest region under arms, front, nipple area, lower low chest, and everywhere for hard lumps or strands of breast or glandular tissue. If the entire region is soft, or nothing is tough or hard you have psuedo gyne. If you can feel a little hard tissue or hard lumps anywhere you probably have mixed gyne. A photo could help but, you have to help yourself diagnose because only you know whats under there. So check the area out and get back to us for further help someone will help put you in the right direction for all your questions and needs. Good luck

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
i am not sure about 'curing' it completely however you can definately GREATLY reduce your breast size by dieting.

another thing is, when males are obese.. your body naturally produces more estrogen.. hence contributing to the development of glandular tissue.

but try dieting.. get your % bodyfat to around15-17% and then see how your breast looks..

if not completely normal, it should atlest look MUCh better than how it looks now.

anyways,
best of luck with that.
hope this feedback helps.

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
I got quite depressed when I finally accepted my gynecomastia. This led me down the road of a rather severe diet sort of as the last hope of it not being gyne. Although I dropped my bf % a decent amount, the fact that my chest showed the least amount of improvement solidified the fact that I had gynecomastia. I have since brought my weight up to a more natural level and I'm looking to surgery.

To answer your question, no I do not believe that pseudogynecomastia can be "cured" by exercise.

Oh and FWIW before dieting I was around 15% bf and I dropped down to around 10.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I think so. If you have a gut and love handles  and or a fat arse as well as  breasts  I would at least try to sort it yourself.
At the end of the day A ps cannot change your lifestyle you can remove the breasts sure but what about rest of you? Also think about the sense of achievement if you get your body buff. Plus you willl save money.

That only applies to pseudo-gyne though. If it is glandular or mixed  then the gland  can only be removed by a PS or medication as far as I know.
If you are already fit  and have a normal BMI and still have the gyne then you'll have to look at other options.

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

What do you mean Psuedogynecomastia can't be cured? yikes. I was always under the impression that psuedogene is just extra fat in that chest region. Plenty of exercise will eventually reduce fat all over including that area in the chest, right? maybe I didn't know what psudeogynecomastia really was for sure? i dunno

Offline gabrielsebastian74

• Posting Member
its hard to get rid of. But if you increase the surface area through exercise your breasts will get smaller. Look at female bodybuilders. They naturally have breasts and yet lose them as a result. Or they get the little fat they have left in the tips. All in all, getting leaner will help.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Terms like True Gynecomastia and Pseudo Gynecomastia are actually quite meaningless. The former would seem to indicate that there is glandular tissue without much fat and the latter would be fat and exclude glandular tissue. The truth is that the usual finding is that there are fingers of glandular tissue threaded through a mound of fat.

You will be told many different ways to determine which you have. Don't waste too much time in this useless exercise though. In truth even the best Doctors can be sometimes be fooled here.

In any case the ultimate treatment is the same, Surgery.  Weight loss might help a bit, but rarely does it reduce the breast size sufficiently to satisfy the man. Physical conditioning may help too; But we have heard from more young men who found that their breasts were even more prominent when perched atop well developed pectoral muscles.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I suspect you wanted the truth and I have tried to give you just that.
Grandpa Dan

• Posting Member
Hey paw_paa, give me 30 more days, Ill tell you "Look at me now". Thanks for the negative encouragement.

Yes, get rid of the perceptual man boobs by gaining muscle. Lots of muscle. Also muscle secretes testoserone. Fat  secretes estrogen.
Guss which one I want to secrete.

And yes Im damn proud of my changes. :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Nice pictures.

Do you have any that show Gynecomastia?

• Posting Member
Yes the one above and the one below, both are showing Moobs. Im still carrying bodyfat which I am working on getting rid of.
The one above is a month ago, the one below I am showing definition in the center as my muscles are growing out.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I see a guy with a bit of of excess weight, but not necessarily Gynecomastia.

Lateral views might help but from the frontal views alone all I see is well developed pecs.

• Posting Member
Good then its working. I can grab almost a handful of my boobs and I got big hands. Here are some pics.

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024