Author Topic: Just lipo: Swelling isn't going down?  (Read 2136 times)

Offline jake22

I'm about 2 1/2 months out of my gyne surgery. To begin with, it was only unilateral, and really not that bad. When I was younger (~15-18), it felt hard underneath the nipple, maybe like there was some gland, but that went down and for the last few years it had really just been fatty. I had tried a short course of tamoxifen with an endocrine guy but it didn't make any difference.

I went to a local PS in New York State, and he said that he thought I just needed lipo. In total, it was just over $1000, which I now realize is very cheap for this type of surgery. He seemed to like me, I convinced him we could do it out of the hospital, and that I didn't need general anesthesia or anything. The surgery itself was fine. I was awake the entire time, numbed up and we just had a conversation. He was really wailing away at the fat and got a lot.

Regretfully, I don't think he did a lot of these types of surgeries, and so didn't do the incisions near the nipples, but in three poke holes surrounding the nipples. It's pretty noticeable, and it's upsetting seeing how little surface scarring some of you guys have. But it'll fade, and for that price, I can afford that laser surgery to fade it further and still come out ahead. That's what I'm telling myself. It's kinda dispiriting though.

My problem now is, my swelling/scarring/whatever isn't hasn't gone down yet. The PS says it'll soften and go down, but I'm really worried. My breast looks just as bad as before, except now it's not fatty, but firm, swollen, and tender to the touch. It's especially firm and painful underneath the nipple. I'm wearing a compression vest, and when it comes off in the morning, it's very flat. But then it comes back up. Additionally, it does seem that all the fat is out, cause when I pinch the two sides, I can pinch the same amount of fat.

Has anyone else had this? Will it go down? I need some reassurances. It's frustrating to look worse than when I started.

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
It sounds like you probably have a lot of glandular tissue left over underneath your nips. Liposuction only removes fat, not gland.

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat you're in...I had lipo only about 2 months ago and now my nips are very puffy, painful, and stick out really bad.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024