Author Topic: Just Had Gyno Operation - Any Tips, Advice???  (Read 2404 times)

Offline bobs3304

• Posting Member
Hey guys.  Just had my surgery a few days ago under Dr. Elliot Jacobs.  

Couple Questions:

I try keeping the binder pretty tight and as far up to the armpits as possible.  Should I be worrying all that much about this - meaning how tight and how positioned it is?

Also, any tips about diet and daily routine?

And finally, I read about how in some cases, guys' gyno can come back even after the surgery.  I went to an endoconologist last year, but I don't remember him seeming to concerned about taking a blood test to check my hormone level.  He just shrugged it off and said I didn't have gyno (idiot).  

Anyway, how can I be sure it won't come back?  Dr. Jacobs had me take a slew of blood tests before the operation:

CBC/Diff/Platelets
PT and PTT
Chemistry (SMA 18)
HIV
UA

I'm asking mainly for piece of mind, b/c I've put too much money and time into this to put up with it coming back...

Oh, and he only had to do lipo, no incision around the nipples, so I was happy about that.

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
Sorry I cant answer your questions, but Im considering going to Dr. Jacobs and am wondering how much he charged you? Also, did he charge for the initial consultation and if so how much was that?
Did you have only fatty tissue and no hard gladular tissue?
Thanks very much :  )

Offline bobs3304

• Posting Member
I don't think I had any hard tissue b/c he didn't have to do an incision around the nipples.  I was glad about that, b/c that means less swelling, less pain, less scars.

The consultation was something like 150 or 200.  Ya, I know, kinda steep.  But in the end, it's worth it.  You do what you gotta do right?

Total cost was 6500.  I paid 1500 in advance, and took out a loan with Capital One...

Good luck.  Jacobs is a nice guy, and so far it looks good.

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
Thanks a lot for the info.
Do ya have any before and after pics btw?
Hope it turns out great for ya!

Offline bobs3304

• Posting Member
Na, not yet.  Maybe one day I'll get some though.  

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
On Jacobs web page he has the following info so it seems that maybe he never cuts around the nipple. I dont know though.

"2. How is your procedure performed?
During my surgical training, I was disappointed in the usual surgical treatment for this problem, for many people were left with large scars or deformities which in some cases was worse than the original problem. As an answer, I designed my own set of surgical instruments specifically for this problem. In my hands, it is performed on an outpatient basis in my office operating room."

Offline bobs3304

• Posting Member
He told me that if there was hard tissue left over that he couldn't suck out with lipo he's cut a small incision around the nipple and remove it from there...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024