Author Topic: Question for Dr B  (Read 4641 times)

Offline hypo

Dr Bermant,

Can you tell me is ultra sound of much diagnostic use in trying to differentiate between glandular tissue and fat as opposed to just ruling out other issues?

I have seen that few top surgeons seem to use it and yet the NHS in England seem to put a lot of weight in its use, I suspect wrongly.

Can you help?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
good question

Offline hypo

Offline jc71

Hypo. I'm internet  lingo illiterate. What is bump?

Offline Boobs

• Silver Member
it means he is pushing the thread back up to the top so it doesn't fall back to the second page or so

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
it means he is pushing the thread back up to the top so it doesn't fall back to the second page or so

Sometimes you'll see  'TTT'. Which means: To The Top of the Page.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 08:34:53 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline hypo

This is a genuine question Dr B can you help?

Offline hypo

Gyno51,

My gynecomastia increased due to varying factors, hypogonadism, aromatized estradiol from prescribed  androgel given that no estrogen managment regime was started initially etc

I had an ultra sound and the relevant doctor said it was "all fat" and was probably dues to my weight.

However my weight has increased this year due to ill health, last year I was running upwards of 20miles a week and I didn't have a pick on me, yet not only was the gynecomastia there but also it increased during my initial poorly implemented hypogonadism treatment.

So I found the diagnosis totally implausable.

I even remember many years ago after chemotherapy that I developed the typical marble feel in the chest area.

I know that most of the top surgeons do not use ultra sound for diagonstic purposes, which makes me think that it is not as an effective tool as I was led to believe.

I would seriously welcome Dr Bs imput on this question so I am going to put this same question again in a new thread.  

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Dr. B is on here to advertise for his buisness. I doubt he is going to answer your question also due to the fact that you are always a jerk to him.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline jc71

Or because it'll cost $200 to get a question answered.  I heard you can get a deal on 2 questions - only $325.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
With all the schooling you have to go through to become a physician I can see why.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024