Author Topic: gyn surgury through arm pit?  (Read 2296 times)

Offline freak

• Posting Member
I heard that there is a type of gyn surgury where they go in from you arm pit. Does anyone know what this procedure is called or has anyone had this done? I'am red headed with very fair skin and pink nipples so Iam afraid that the regular gyn scars would be really visable. Can they take out glandular crap via the armpit?
thanks, Freak

DrBermant

I heard that there is a type of gyn surgury where they go in from you arm pit. Does anyone know what this procedure is called or has anyone had this done? I'am red headed with very fair skin and pink nipples so Iam afraid that the regular gyn scars would be really visable. Can they take out glandular crap via the armpit?
thanks, Freak

Each surgeon used the tools and techniques he / she prefers.

The problem is that gynecomastia comes in so many different forms.  I prefer to let what I find during surgery help guide what needs to be done.  An incision at the edge of the areola opens up for me an artist's palette of tools not available when using the armpit approach.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique.

I have also seen patients from other doctors with channel problems between remote access sites and the areola / nipple.  Scars, adhesions, and depressions can look terrible.  Check out the lateral (side views) and posterior oblique (side from the back views with and without muscle flexion here to see what I mean.  

This approach permits me to maximize the removal of the firm gland and sculpt the remaining fat.  

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Limited view demonstrations can pick the best angle to hide deformities and problems.  Such analysis of the results as well as how tissues evolve, the possible need for drains, comfort level after surgery, are important factors in picking your doctor.  It is like an artist selecting a paint brush.  The results are what matters, not with what tool they sculpt.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline turfpro

• Posting Member
Dr Schafer did mine in San diego, the only scars are the ones you see under my arm, Thats the main reason I went to him. Its no perfect, but Im not going to be a body builder so the little inperfection when I flex my chest doesnt matter at all, What it looks like when Im relaxed is what counts. Which I would trade any day for scars on my chest that people are more likly to ask about, Im not sure if those can ever be invisible?
He doesnt use a regular lipo suction, he used some sort of powered head that can break up the gland.

http://www.sandiegolipo.com/pages/thank.htm

And heres my before and afters, I think Im even happyer after I go back and look at the before pics.  
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/turfpro01@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/4f14&a mp;.src=ph

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
Thats a great job, and no scars either! Lucky you :  )

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024