Author Topic: Effects of diet on breasts  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Tyndo

I am 47, male, married. Last year, I weighed 230 and wore a 42B or 44B bra. I could fill up a b-cup with the fat I could gather up around my breast. I wore a bra every day, and my wife was totally cool with it. Eventually, my hiatal hernia kept getting progressively worse. My bra was causing compression on my breastbone. After I quit wearing them, my pain went away.

In the meantime, I went on a diet this summer, taking Wellbutrin XL 300mg, and eating much less. My weight is now 205. My waist has reduced from 44 to 38. I noticed that I have much less fat on my sides and back and under my arms, so I wondered what would happen if I tried on a bra again. Would I still fill out a b-cup? I went to Wal-Mart today, found a cheap 40b, took it home and tried it, and it fits me just fine. In fact, I'm wearing it right now.

So I've lost 25 pounds, and I am obviously not as fat, but so far I am still able to wear a b-cup. The biggest difference I've noticed in my breasts is that they sag more now than they did before.  

If I continue to lose weight (my goal is 185), what can I expect to happen to my breasts? So far, they haven't reduced as much as I thought they might. Will the sagging start to become more pronounced? Does anyone have any experience with the effects of weight loss on breasts?  

Thanks for listening.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
When I lost weight my chest did sag a bit more. that once I started going to the gym and running  It firmed up quite a bit .
Also  sagging could mean there is still fat there so when yu lose more weight it may look a bit better. I would tone  up and see if that helps. It has helped me.
Oh yes when I started to run my chest really hurt from all the pounding but as I got some strenght in that area the pain stopped.

DrBermant

I am 47, male, married. Last year, I weighed 230 and wore a 42B or 44B bra. I could fill up a b-cup with the fat I could gather up around my breast. I wore a bra every day, and my wife was totally cool with it. Eventually, my hiatal hernia kept getting progressively worse. My bra was causing compression on my breastbone. After I quit wearing them, my pain went away.

In the meantime, I went on a diet this summer, taking Wellbutrin XL 300mg, and eating much less. My weight is now 205. My waist has reduced from 44 to 38. I noticed that I have much less fat on my sides and back and under my arms, so I wondered what would happen if I tried on a bra again. Would I still fill out a b-cup? I went to Wal-Mart today, found a cheap 40b, took it home and tried it, and it fits me just fine. In fact, I'm wearing it right now.

So I've lost 25 pounds, and I am obviously not as fat, but so far I am still able to wear a b-cup. The biggest difference I've noticed in my breasts is that they sag more now than they did before.  

If I continue to lose weight (my goal is 185), what can I expect to happen to my breasts? So far, they haven't reduced as much as I thought they might. Will the sagging start to become more pronounced? Does anyone have any experience with the effects of weight loss on breasts?  

Thanks for listening.

The breast of gynecomastia is typically a combination of gland, fat, and skin.  Losing Weight can make a big impact on the fat and sometimes the skin.  Gland is not reduced with weight loss.

As the skin envelope is no longer filled with fat, Drooping Breasts or Ptosis can happen.  Skin can tighten over time, often several months.  After Massive Weight Loss the skin sometimes just does not tighten enough.  Building muscle is one way of filling a loose skin evelope of the male chest.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 03:18:58 AM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024