Author Topic: How long did it take you?  (Read 2285 times)

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
How long did it take most of you to find out about gyne. What were your thoughts when you found out? Pissed off, wondering why you never found this, etc. How long did you think you were the only person in the world concerned with there chest thinking something wasn't right? It took me 7 years and I just wonder why I couldn't have found this earlier.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Well Iam somewhat odd I think in that i suffer from body dysmorphic disorder, which means Iam hypo sensitive about my body.

The drug I was on to help my mental health problem, as I believed there was something wrong with my face ,when there wasn't caused the gyne. One evening I looked in the mirror as I normally spend at least three hours at least looking in the mirror scanning I noticed one side of my chest looked a bit odd . ...It didn't hurt but looked swollen.

I went to the docs thinking it was cancer and he gave me the good news. :( .I was sent to an endo for tests , then to a nhs breast surgeon and then to an nhs PS. The endo confirmed it was the drug that caused the gyne apparently Iam not the first person to have this reaction to this.

I was seriously annoyed and considered sueing the drugs company. I have been told I would not get anywhere due to that little piece of paper called a side effects leaflet in the drugs box.But where do they get off distributing a drug for amongst otherthings body dysmorphic disorder which causes REAL appearance problems?I was told I would have more chance sueing my psychiatrist as he knew about my condition and the drug but I can't do that as he saved my life at one point when I was very sick :-[
          I doubt also I can have surgery as A) I can't afford it as I cannot work as Iam ill, B) the NHS won't do it as apparently it is mainly fat as opposed to gland in the side that is affected.And they are concerned I will react badly to a small scar.C) my parents will not help as they have seen it and think it is not bad at all and Iam getting things out of proportion again.

So I guess Iam stuck. The ony thing that makes me feel better is the amount of guys I see of all ages with the same problem or worse.Iam getting fit anyway due to a job Iam applying for and that has helped my gyne a bit and I still have a bit of fat generally.They said it was only a very slight glandular enlargement anyway and mainly fat so you never know. Iam not hugely hopeful though.
I think alot of guys just think they have a bit of fat on their chest to be honest.I got to a gym where there are guys with kinds of chest shapes. Some worse some better than mine.And in some ways why stop that illusion as A it could be just fat and B if it isn't would you want to tell  a eighteen  stone tank he has breasts and to see a PS , I don't think I would have much of a face left.I think as well society is causing men to feel more concious about their bodies.Obviously not to same the extent as  me in many cases...I see guys whining all the time about being too small or too big in the gym.I blame women and feminism to be brutally honest as they see it as if they scrtuinse themselves with a fine too th comb why shouldn't men?
And the PS's are cashing in on this.Obviously women don't have it easy either and in some ways they have it worse than us. Just think of all the anorexics and bulumics there are. The majority are women. I think society is a bit messed up to be honest. Bit of a rant I know.

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
Yeah, I had absolutely ZERO support in discovering my Gynecomastia as well.. Irregardless of how many times I brought it up during physicals or just personal traininers. >:(

I didn't find out until I was doing some personal weight lifting research. Gynecomastia is VERY common amongst body builders whom user steroids and do not attempt to balance their estrogen levels.. Once I read that Gynecomastia can occur naturally as well it piqued my interest and well.. Here I am now.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
just curious, what type of medication exactly where u taking for your bdd?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024