Author Topic: Guys please help me I dont know where to go now...  (Read 2116 times)

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Ok. I had a bought a compression vest in the summer. But heres the story. Its begining to REALLY take a toll on my body. The vest is constricting my breathing to the point where i have to take a large grasp of air every like 30 seconds. When I dont think about it I breath just fine but when I do start to think about it I panic like im gonna sufficate or something. I know in reality I cannot sufficate but the panicing makes it worse. I know the logical thing to do is not to wear but Ive become so damn dependent on it I just have to wear it. Today I took my dog down for a pee without the vest and theres a mirror in the hall. When I look at my face alone I give off this really insecure vibe because these damn things are on my mind. School is starting for me soon and I cant stand to go back with my boobs. I had intentions of going back with the operation done but some shit got messed up and I didnt end up going. Even when its not on sometimes I have to grasp for air. Ive really fucked up my breathing patterns and Idont know how to correct this now and I have breasts. One more fucking minus to my life. :'(

What should I do?
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I hear ya man. The vests get very bothersome after a while and for me I have painful gynecomastia and it sucks. But, it makes it look much better. As for the breathing part I understand the vests can make you literally feel like your suffercating. That sucks about not getting the operation in time, that happened to me as well. Have you tried wearing the vest backwards. I did that and it helped a bit. I just turn it around and that helps with the breathing part. As for wearing it, I would it helps the appearance. Loss or crappy breathing means nothing to me but, when I wear the vest I feel semi-normal besides the pain. Anyways I would wear it to school until you get the operation. Thats what I am going to do. I hope you get your operation asap. This dam* gyne sucks and living with it is hard. But, don't you also feel like closer to normal when you are wearing the vest. The vest makes me feel a little better and eases my patientce. I don't blame you for becoming dependant on it. When I got mine and saw the difference it was like holy crap. But, again I suggest still wearing it and ease up a bit. The breathing patterns are worth it for the short while until you get the op. I would rather have the breathing problems than one more sob come up to me and say titties. Gyne has messed so many people up so bad. People without gyne that take everything for granted could never understand what it is like to live with gyne and wake up with it everyday. Basically you can go to school wearing the vest with a flat appearance and wear it until you get the op and come back to school healed up and flat and no one will know the difference. I don't blame you for gyne being on the brain a lot. I as well want to put it all behind me and it has taken so long. But, just hold out a little longer and it will be done. And remember once it is done you most likely won't have to go back to this stage in your life. I wouldn't say your breathing patterns are messed up though it is probably all anxietys and worries tied in with wearing a tight piece of clothing. Man that sucks though not getting your op in time. I swear to everyone if I went back to school feeling good again with no more moobs I would feel like a million bucks and wouldn't worry anymore. Or think is anyone looking at my chest or being paranoid all day. Although things have gotten better ever since 11th grade and this year in 12th grade things may be better plus sometime early this year I will get the op. Think about it this way once your op is done nothing will hold you back. A lot of people say and think gyne doesn't hold you back. But, that is a load of bs. In my opinion you can get less respect from people, bs, it can hurt your job performance, love life, and everything else. You see those guys with beer guts and never think anything twice. But, when people see a guy with breasts many of them think twice. A lot of people would say what I just said is bs but, I have experienced a lot of it as well as others first hand. I even had girls talk down about my gyne as hard as that is to believe. I am sure you had many bad moments as well. Many people never saw gyne as a good thing and I as well think it isn't a good thing. When are you going back to school? I got to go back the first. I don't get it though we go back on a thursday and on a labor day week. Doesn't really make sense. But, the only thing I am worried about is the kids that are going to be in my classes this year plus, I get out early. When you sit down and you think about it the only anxietys you really get at school are from certain kids. If all the kids I hated and avoided didn't go to my school nothing would worry me and I would want to go back everyday. But, I don't care anymore. One thing I am glad about though is I didn't put off my upcoming operation. I want and need it done as soon as possible. I will never live another year with this crap again. You just think back and remember what bs you went through and how this affected everyday of your life so dang long. If I had a dollar for every gyne comment I ever recieved I would have paid for the operation long ago. I guess you can never let it go. But, the money you spend on the op is worth everyday of the rest of your life waking up and feeling good. I can't wait you can't wait and some day for each of us it will be over. Hang in there man bear it out with the vest because it is helping in its own way. Don't panic, get your operation and life your life to the fullest. I wish you the best of luck on your operation and going back to school. I hope you have a good school year and I hope the gyne op turns out for the best for ya.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You mentioned that you experience breathing irregularities even when not wearing the vest.  This makes me think that the vest is not the problem at all.  

You may have another problem altogether; or the problem may be anxiety over the surgery, school, etc.

In any case, you need to see a Doctor.  

Good luck.

Grandpa Dan

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Nothing worse thanx for your advice. Whether I was told by even a doctor not to wear the vest I probably would for school. I just hate boobs so much. Well on me that is;) My god damn consultation is in October! Then the actual op will be like another month later which is why im so pissed. I dont know what im gonna do. I might have to go another surgeon that does it in his facilities I dont know.

Paa Paw I didnt really explain myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding. See, when I wear the vest, theres a certain percentage of my stomach that cant be filled with air because of the vest. Now because I wear the vest everyday, my body has gotten use to that amount of space and it affects me even if im not wearing the vest. I havent worn the vest in 2 days and I can already feel my lung capacity opening up again. Which is awesome but the same thing will probably happen when I start wearing it for school.

I had a dream the other night that my doctor is a personal friend of Fielding ( a surgeon in TO) and he got me an appointment for an early operation. Damn did it ever suck to wake up.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 06:10:04 AM by usernameX »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Don't overlook the possibility that, in your desperation to hide your breasts, you may have purchased a vest that is actually too small.  A properly fitted vest should hide your breasts without limiting your respiratory capacity.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Well, I got a large. Maybe I should of gotten an XL. :-/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024