Author Topic: Post Op.... fromfar  (Read 2654 times)

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
Hi .....  i had surgery 26/8/05. I believe it my responsible to pen down my experience for the benefit of some of the readers who is planning for surgery. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the contributors in this board. They gave me lots ofinformation and courage for me to decide the op.
My surgery was done under GA and it was done as outpatient procedure . I arrived in the morning and the doctor started by shaving off my chest hair. He also pumped in water into my chest before starting the surgery. He told me it is done to lessen the pain in post op.
Surgery took 2.5 hrs. The PS told i had a real big gland. The biggest he has seen for guys. He gave me a velcro kind of wrapper to wrap after the op. I have been using that until today. The PS suggested to use it for 2~3 months. Sounds a bit too long to use it. Anyway I have ordered a #990 underworks. Will use that as well.
After 3 days i went for post op check. The chest looks flat but a bit concave above the right nipple, where he told me he removed the bigger gland. Ther is some different between the left and right chest, but i believe it is so much then pre op. I understand that I have to have realistic outcome. I am just hoping of not getting fluid build up after this period?
I will be going tom to remove the stiches
I have been resting a lot until today. I have also been taking a lots of organic vitamins to help heal the wound. I read in one book that organic vitamin E could avoid scar formation above and under the skin. Hoping for the best.

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
Hey Man,
First off, Congrats on getting the surgery done. I just had mine done 1 Week and 3 Days ago. I have to say hang in there, it only gets better. Typically on this forum I find ppl have enough bruising , scarring what not and it clears up...personally I had absolutely none and my chest was as flat as glass.
But from what i know; any discoloration, swelling, feelings that think you wouldnt experience are normal.
Of course, if you have concerns by all means call your PS.
Just rest, don't push these things, you hopefully want it to be a 1 time thing.

Regarding fluid build up, it is very common and dissipaites natrually in the body depending on the person and situation. I actually went for a chest aspiration check up today - my left breast had a hematoma and was just drained earlier this morning - no pain. It wasnt required but its best to do to avoid the slight chances of infrection and what not.

Best of luck, if you have any concerns PM me since we are recent in surgery,
Jalen.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 04:26:56 AM by jalen_rose5 »

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
Hi guys,
Thank you for all your wishes. I did the operation in Malaysia as I am from here. Had tough time finding for a capable PS, and finnally found one. I don't have a digital camera with me at the moment. Will definately send photos when i get a camera.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 07:41:18 PM by fromfar »

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
12 post op

The doctor removed the sutches on the 8th post op day. The wound looks ok i think. He gave me a tradisional alloverra oil plus some herbs to apply on the areola cut area to reduce any scar formation. He mentioned he doesn't use Vit E oil. He believes more on the tradisional oil. He asked me to apply 2 to 3 times daily.

Recovery period is pretty boring, since you need to wear the compression binder and have to take care of the movements, but hopefully it is worth it. The PS recommended to wear it probably for six weeks. Besides that feeling very uncomftable sleeping on the back. Been getting back pain because usually i sleep on my stomach rather then the back.

According to my doctor, my gland was the biggest he has removed. Each side gland weighed approximately 95grams. He suggested to send the gland for lab test. By god's grace the result confirmed that the gland was breast tissue and nothing else.

I've been taking lots of vit C and E . I read somewhere that Vit E could reduce scar formation outside and inside. So i've been religiously taking these supplements.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024