Author Topic: Successful Surgery with Dr. Pensler on May 9  (Read 2095 times)

Offline inmensidad

This is my first post here, but I really wanted to post my experience because I thought it would be help others make the jump.

I am 24 years old, dealing with gynecomastia since puberty. I had tried everything. Losing weight. Hiding it. Building muscle. Accepting it. Hiding it. Accepting. And about 30 more cycles of everything.

I finally decided that I couldn't do it anymore and that's when I arrived here at this forum. It was here that I found the courage to start looking for a surgeon.

Dr. Pensler works in my city. I went to his office over spring break and felt very comfortable, so I booked the surgery for the first available Friday after that. Leading up to the surgery I was very nervous and almost backed out twice because my family was telling me not to go through with it.

However, every shower was a reminder of why I was doing it. My gynecomastia case was not a mild case. I am overweight and my stomach sticks out of my body about 5 inches. My chest stuck out past my stomach, abut 6-7 inches.

The day of the surgery I was completely at ease as soon as I got there. Dr. Pensler's nurse did a great job at telling me everything I needed to know and making me feel comfortable. I entered the surgery room prepared for the battle ahead, and even requested to do it with only local anesthesia. Anesthesia was one of the main fears I had with the surgery.

Quickly I realized I wasn't going to be able to withstand watching and feeling the medical instruments inside my body regardless of the no pain, so I asked them to do the twilight anesthetic. I don't remember much after that. My fear of anesthesia was completely unfounded.

The surgery was over, and I was just so relieved to see how much was taken out. I was already in my vest when I reached full consciousness, and I honestly felt 100% in terms of the anesthesia by the time I left the operating room.

The first three days were VERY uncomfortable. I had a loooot of swelling just do the amount of tissue and fat that was taken out. It was hard to sleep but I experienced virtually no pain. I took only 3 of the Vicodin that were prescribed. I was a little afraid for my nipple, but three weeks in, it is healing just fine. Dr. Pensler's office was great at handling my questions.

I returned to work on Monday, and was able to do most tasks comfortably. However, there are definitely some things I was not be able to do that you I didn't expect...like opening/closing a window, sitting on a chair that is too low.

Post-operative recuperation is a very trying time because you want to see the results right away, but it will take time. I'm already 500% more comfortable with my body. I have worn t-shirts out with no other layers on top for the first time since 4th grade. My posture is so much better, people that have no idea about the surgery are telling me about it.

Currently my left side is taking much longer to heal. It feels and looks bigger. My right side is slightly swollen but it looks almost completely healed. It seems as though my nipples will me just as symmetrical as they were before the surgery.

I am very happy with my results, and would recommend Dr. Pensler. He said I had great results on my first week visit, and I will be seeing him next week. This surgery was just as life-changing as I had thought.

hammer

Congrats! You had a highly recommended Dr. for your surgery so you can expect a good outcome!

In the mean time be sure to follow your post-op instructions to the letter, and be very patient! Your body went through hell and even though as time goes on and you feel much better your body still needs much more time to fully heal then most people think! It may take more then 6 months to fully heal allowing for swelling, scare tissue and anything else your body may go though in the process.

Once again, congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024