Author Topic: First post, some questions  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Lazerous

• Posting Member
Hello everybody, I am 16 about 6` tall and I weigh 202lbs, yes I know I am overweight and i have been working on losing weight ever since august, I was 210 and now I am down to 202, according to this cool program I found, my ideal weight is 171lbs, so as you can guess that is my target weight.

But like many of i also have man boobs i dont know when they developed, and I have been looking at these boards for quite a while, and have also seen MANY pictures of ppl with gyne, this brings me to my second point

I noticed that almost every picture i saw of a person with gyne i noticed that he had the "puffy" nipples, well when i look at myself in the mirror from a side angle I notice that i dont have puffy nipples, and when i feel and push down on my man boobs i don`t feel anything hard or any lumps, it feels exactly like my stomach; fat and soft :p Sorry but i dont have any pictures, unfortunately

but they are a good size and stick out somewhat when i am wearing a shirt, but they are not "perky", just smooth and round, so I was wondering if I continue with my diet and reach my goal of 171lbs, will i be able to eliminate my man boobs or atleast to the point where they are only noticeable when i take off my shirt? and i also noticed that my left boob is larger than my right, what does that mean? and also what chest workouts are good for my case? i heard not to do flat or decline bench, but to do incline bench, back, biceps, and shoulders, is that true?

Thank You very much for your time!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some people make a big deal out of the relative differences between "True" and "Pseudo" gynecomastia; I do not.  

In some cases the fibrous glandular tissue seems quite soft while in other cases, the fat seems quite fibrous.  Result:  You simply cannot tell which is which.

Since the effects of Gynecomastia are emotional rather than physical and the efects are the same, I think it is pointless to differentiate.

Usually, in fact, There is both fat and glandular tissue.

Weight loss may make a difference, (but not always)  and you have time on your side. At your age it is possible that the breasts will just naturally shrink over time.  Though the process can be slow and may take a couple of years. Just as the growth of the breasts occurred over a period of years rather than happening all at once.  It kind of sneaks up on you.

The disparity of size is common,  and nothing to cause concern.

Aerobic exercise is best at producing weight loss, but exercise in itself will have no significant effect on the Gynecomastia.

Most Gynecomastia is fairly common at your age, and harmless.  It is a good idea to have it checked by your doctor though as the condition can sometimes be a symptom of other problems.

Good luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline Lazerous

• Posting Member
Oh ok I see, welll i guess i will keep up with my excersise just to see what happens

Offline Lazerous

• Posting Member
bump....

i need my other questions answered please

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Sometimes Psuedo gyne and a lot of times can't be totally eliminated by diet but, greatly improved. Having larger gyne on gyne on one side doesn't really mean much. Most people that have gyne have it larger on one side than the other. Mine is larger on my right than left. It is just like one arm can be longer than the other etc. Well if you had a large amount more on one side and not much on the other you could almost consider it unilateral gyne. But, you have bilateral by the pics. By dieting and toning up and reaching your target weight you should have made a great improvement in that area. Enough to take off your shirt depends on you. But, you could lose all the weight and still have a problem. Fat tends to be stubborn in the chest and belly region. And you can't spot train. So cardio would help a lot as well as toning and strength training. I would most likely do light chest excercises and since you most likely have mostly psuedo gyne I wouldn't worry about doing flat or decline bench. But, I would do them at a light or toning weight so just incase nothing is pushed out. But, I would do incline benches maybe at a little heavier weight to make your top chest a little bigger to even your chest out. But, mostly I would stick to toning weight in the chest region. Keep working and keep us informed on your status. Hopefully gyne will resolve for you. But, there is a chance depending on things that it will remain. So when you get close to your target and start to realize what the final look of your chest will be let us know. If nothing improves or you don't get a good enough improvement then go see and endo and get your blood and hormone levels checked. If everything is normal or proper then come back to find a good local surgeon or go find a good surgeon yourself. Some of them do free consultations. And also when you hit your ideal target weight and lets say in the chance you needed surgery then surgery would turn out much better and you would achieve better results. Also by losing weight you could lose a lot of your chest fat but, have sagging skin and smaller sagging gyne. So keep us informed and we will lend you a helping hand. Gyne is something that most of us want taken care of. It depends on you how far you want to go and how far you will get. Tell yourself what you will be satisfied with. If you want it all gone think about surgery. If you want a good reduction weight loss will help or get you all the way there. Good luck and best of wishes to you.

Offline Lazerous

• Posting Member
wow! thank you very much nothingworse on your informative reply it really gave e more hope and made me more confident, I will surely keep you guys informed on my progress and thank you for caring :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024