Author Topic: Thank You!  (Read 1815 times)

Offline 2ndgen

:)Our 15 year old son has bilateral gynecomastia.  We have been fighting ppom for a year and a half.  His father, 3 Uncles and 2 cousins all have had surgery.
Fathers surgery wasn't untill late 20's and it made him mean and cold growing up being teased and grabbed.
Thank You for all the imformation and the encouragement of knowing how many cases are out there. We will not give up. Any advise greatly appreciated.

Offline Youngboi

• Posting Member
Just to give you hope; at 15 there is still a pretty good chance it will go away. Good luck!

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
Yes, I agree it's very comforting to find that we are not alone in this.

I am not a doctor, so this is by no means info that you should take without double checking with someone with more credibility... However you might want to wait for a while.

Even if the family history shows a tendency for Gynecomastia development, there is the possibility that it may go away.

What's more however, is that if he is still going through the hormonal chaos that is puberty... It's theoretically possible that his gynecomastia might resurface.

Anyways, good luck with your son.  :)

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Try calling your insurance company or your provider and tell them to cut the crap. Or basically to stop dicking around. Tell them to tell you what other option they suggest. Tell them it needs to be treated and it has given your son multiple problems. Talk about those problems and the emotional need for surgery which can be a medical problem in many cases. I wouldn't waste your time appealing to them and waiting long periods for responses. The gyne might resolve on its own but, it may not. Do what you can. I am sorry to hear that you are having that much trouble with them. Also, check with your insurance to see if they will pay for part of the surgery as well. See if you can get the insurance rate discount on the surgery which is usually 40-50% so if your sons surgery would be $5000 regularily with everything then you would pay $2500-3000 instead which can help a lot. Try to do what you can though. Keep calling and fighting and break them down. They have to give you something so keep going. I wish you the best of luck on getting a positive answer from them and hopefully things are resolved soon. So just basically ask them what they suggest and tell them of the problems and the need for this. Good luck and best wishes to you and your son.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024