Author Topic: Does compression vest = dishonesty?  (Read 2982 times)

Offline BostonGuy83

• Posting Member
I want to try one of those compression vests to see if it will help things.  (This one time, I tried an Ace bandage, and I really liked the results.)  I do have a concern about it, though.

While I don't really mind "fooling" (for lack of a better word) everyday people by concealing the condition from them, I have to wonder about whether it would be different for a dating partner.  
-Is it dishonest to conceal this from them?  Or does the social difficulty of gynecomastia outweigh any such concern?
-Should we end up in a sexual situation, would they feel deceived?  Would they be justified in that feeling?  
-How does one balance the desire to appear "normal" with concerns about honesty?

Thanks!

(Sorry if my writing here is not the most eloquent...I'm kinda tired at present...)

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
I suppose it all just depends on circumstance really... This is especially true if your Gynecomastia is so bad that it interferes with your daily life.

I've personally played around with the idea quite a bit, to be honest. Never went through with it though, for now content with jackets, nipple stimulation/weather, and wearing particular shirts in particular ways.  ;) Is it truly any different then wearing a compression vest? I really don't know.

However I will say this though: It's not at all uncommon for people to do such things. (Especially women...) Most people do it to vainly strut things around that they really don't have, while you are most likely just attempting to be at ease with the fools surrounding you.

So if you do this, people such as myself would not condemn you for your decision.  ;) It's all up to you, though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 10:32:38 PM by IlluminaZero »

Offline SPECIMEN040180

• Posting Member
i have the same issue. i dont mind or feel dishonest about   "tricking" everyday people in order to feel   good about myself, but it does  concern me   when   contact is more intimate than casual , like a hug, or  when someone  touches you  (in my culture  people touch a lot)   this concerns me.
also   due to my type of gyno with  clothes   they look like pecs developed in a gym , but when i take off my clothes they  dont look like that ,  so  i kinda feel  like  sexual partners are "surprised"  when i take off my shirt and feel a bit dissapointed ,that does bother me a LOT. so whenever i go out with a partner or a potential one, i dont wear    stuff that alter  my condition or the way that it looks , i just use  bandages  or tape, that can be easily peeled away , tho sometimes they leave residue or skin irritation ,and that can be  really embarrassing too....
sometimes i feel like im a "false advertisement"  if you know what i mean....

Offline ItsOK

• Bronze Member
  • Glorp.
I don't see this as being any different from "wonder bras".  I am sure that women who wear padded bras have the same anxiety when it comes time to "come clean".

It may not be "right" but it's common.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Ya, I wouldn't really consider it dishonest. Everybody is different. And nobody should consider you different because of wearing a vest. Nobody is perfect we all have our own insecurities.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is it any more a facade than a girl/woman applying makeup to her face to 'cover-up' the blemishes/imperfections? I don't know one woman who doesn't wear any makeup in public.

Or....

Is it any more a facade than a woman who has had breast implants? Real breasts feel much nicer than fake ones let me tell you!

But hey.... If you love the person, you'll take them just the way they are!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:24:16 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
John is right everyone hides something with something. Or almost everyone has something they hide. Girls wear makeup to make their faces gleam and look great because they don't like the way their faces look without it. They hate tiny inperfections on their face. Some guys have a stomach so they wear baggy clothes so it doesn't grip their stomach and make it show more. Everyone has their own secrets. Wear what you want to, do what you do, don't care what others think, and enjoy life.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
If you feel more comfortable wearing the vest wear it. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

As for a date well ,everyone normally has a hangup about one part of their body. I went out with a girl once who hated her feet and went to some lengths to hide them. Did I care or notice ? not one bit I did not even know what she was talking about when she did finally tell me.

I think often we make more out of our own imperfections than others would. As for an intimate situation I think she will worry about her body just as much as you will yours.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024